INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morning MrC  (Read 2584 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Morning MrC
« on: January 12, 2013, 03:25:47 am »

Seeing as were here together this morning. You still around too Inflatable one?

Wife's just taken all the grand kids out... peace and quiet... ahhh :D

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Morning MrC
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 03:38:07 am »

Morning to you too!  ;D

Quiet here as well, I love quiet mornings. Won't be for too long though I'm afraid.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:41:00 am »

Evening here, just going to bed.  Its around 1:40am.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 03:48:54 am »

I did wonder about you MrC, being over the pond and all that. Where are you about Inflatable Mouse?

I won't be here too much longer... gonna watch Seven Psychopaths shortly, will probably fall asleep in the first thirty minutes and wake up when the credits roll!!

Why do we always wake up when the credits roll? Is it the music I wonder?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 04:15:14 am »

Netherlands.

Fall asleep? I just woke up and just finished my second cup of coffee. No way I'd fall asleep now :P. It's also too early to watch movies for me, I don't know it feels wrong. I like watching in the evenings it adds something to the atmosphere ;).

Watched a movie last night, Troll Hunter. Really enjoyed that one, quite different from the average holywood movie. Noticed a couple of quirks too. At one point someone is rolling a siggie, but a few moments later he's smoking a cigarette. Or someone watching through a microscope while its 5cms above the subject :).

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 04:26:02 am »

Cool. gappie was from Netherlands, I think, but pretty sure he moved away, can't recall where to... I'm in Scotland, you knew that yes?

I tried Troll Hunter, only watched half way, didn't go back for the rest. Don't recall too much about it, remember thinking it was getting a bit silly. Maybe I'll try it again, maybe not...

I've just finished a night shift, so my world is a bit upside down, almost on the same time zone as MrC.. This is like last thing at night for me!! Had a beer, had some food, watch a movie, fall asleep :)

gappie

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 04:37:15 am »

sleep well then Marko.
indeed from the netherlands, but i moved 10 years ago to potsdam, germany. so im up to my third round of coffee.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 04:48:44 am »

Yup. Been there too a few times, Scotland. Can't remember where exactly, too long ago. But I remember seeing a lot more sheep than people and big hairy cows with long horns, and holding a cattleprod to move said cows to another field. We were staying at a friend of my brother and I agreed to give him a hand moving his cows, but these aren't the average cows we have in the Netherlands! These buggers were huge with meter long horns! Quite scary I can tell you.

And yes, the movie is a bit silly and not very convincing either but it wasn't bad and I thought it was entertaining for the fact that it was different. If it were filmed like a typical holywood movie I probably would have quit after 15 minutes and trashed it ;).

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 05:03:31 am »

Sounds like you were up north somewhere. Hairy with big horns would be those highland cattle. I'm in the central belt, Edinburgh. The sun is shining, and it's warm, despite the whole country being on weather alert, with forecasters predicting temps of minus 15 and just shy of a foot of snow!!

gappie, morning :) Great to see you. Germany eh? Noted. They make good cars, I'm an Audi man, but not the A3, that's horrible, and round our way, seems to be the motor of choice for young hoodies. How they afford them is anyone's guess!

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 05:07:55 am »

Hey thats cool you guys are all around the world! I'm in Adelaide, South Australia and its 930Pm Sat night here and the middle of summer! We just had a about 5 days of over 40deg c. I have the 2nd most deadliest snakes in the world in my backyard and koalas in the trees.  uh, yeah and too much red wine at this point. Oh yeah and Ive got a heavily modified MKV Gti, germans make the best cars by miles!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 05:22:16 am »

Evening thezone, excellent! I think there's not much love lost between you guys and those further south in NZ, but my brother is in Auckland, emigrated in 2008 to be with his wife. They made me an uncle again last year! Without getting into a heavy "We're all doomed" twist, is the heat down there not a little on the scary side?

gappie

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 05:24:13 am »

im not so much a car man. i like my old volvo. mainly because it always works even after not being used for several weeks. and there is nothing in there that depends on chips i think. :)

there are a lot of australians here. a few days back i watched this nice tube video about an aural map of australia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD-BNkxiQEM some amazing people in there.
although im a biologist by education, im not sure if i would get excited if i have the 2nd most deadliest snakes in the world in my backyard :)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 05:50:02 am »

Yeah, indeed, reminds me of that joke.... "What did the doctor say?" "He said you're gonna die mate!" It's old, you should know what came before, if not, I'm not going to tell you!

Great bit of blether this morning folks, but I'm out now, see you all again soon.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 05:52:22 am »

im not so much a car man. i like my old volvo. mainly because it always works even after not being used for several weeks. and there is nothing in there that depends on chips i think. :)

there are a lot of australians here. a few days back i watched this nice tube video about an aural map of australia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD-BNkxiQEM some amazing people in there.
although im a biologist by education, im not sure if i would get excited if i have the 2nd most deadliest snakes in the world in my backyard :)

Not sure that guy is representative of Australia. Looks like a jaded hippie to me. We live in Smallish cities but enjoy the best of both worlds, not too big that we have bad pollution, but not too small that is a country town. Population of Adelaide is 1.2 mil. Just right! And affordable too, heres a picture from my house on a winters morning circa 6am (a bit of fog around the city ).

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 11:42:47 am »

MrC is now partially awake in Northern California having his first cup of coffee.  Thanks for the "Morning MrC" post marco.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up