INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mp3 player for MC17  (Read 1901 times)

goose2

• World Citizen
Mp3 player for MC17
« on: December 18, 2012, 07:39:54 pm »

I've been searching the forum but cannot find a definitive answer to my question. I need to find an MP3 player that works well with MC. I'd get a new ipod but that won't work anymore, I understand...and why it is. This is for my wife. She needs something easy to operate as she is very "gadget challenged". 16g or more storage. It will be used for playlists and audiobooks mostly. No video or other whistles and bells needed. She knows how to use MC, after several years, so I don't want to put her on the Apple-cart.  Please help! What works???
Thanks,
Desperate for a Christmas gift-in-time ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Mp3 player for MC17
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 07:54:22 pm »

The Sandisk players all worked well.

The Sony players should also work well.

Also the Samsung Galaxy Player.  It's an Android player that looks and works like one of their phones.  

Micro SD will probably keep getting less expensive.

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 06:23:24 pm »

Thanks Jim, I've ordered a Galaxy....will post results once I've put it through it's paces.

RW

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 02:41:25 am »

Thanks Jim, I've ordered a Galaxy....will post results once I've put it through it's paces.

RW

I (along with a few others) have been running into some bumps with MC syncs on the Galaxy S3, so please do come back and update this thread once you've given it a try.  Any experiences could really help to get this running smoothly.

I'm not sure which Galaxy you were looking at, but the Galaxy S3 seems like a really nice unit.  I only got mine recently, so I'm still getting to know it, but so far I'm fairly impressed, and the ultra popularity of this phone means a higher likelihood of wide support from app writers.

Thanks,

Larry

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 11:14:01 pm »

please do come back and update this thread once you've given it a try

Larry, I got the Galaxy media player...no phone, Android Gingerbread, I think. So far everything is working well with it, no sync problems. I haven't yet installed a memory expansion (micro sd). I'll update if there are any problems.

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 11:33:00 am »

hi goode2
I'm interested if the galaxy player supports the play state information with mc.

reinhard

Arcturus

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 06:27:34 pm »

I was about to come here to post a similar question. I am about to dump my ipod seeing as I have had all I can stand of itunes. And all those who say it works better on a mac are deluding themselves its terrible there as well.

I was thinking about the galaxy player. I already own a Nexus 7 and use gizmo on it all day long but its not very portable when walking the dogs or whatever.

Looking forward to crushing my nano with a rock and getting rid of Itunes once and for all.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 11:43:58 pm »

I was about to come here to post a similar question. I am about to dump my ipod seeing as I have had all I can stand of itunes. And all those who say it works better on a mac are deluding themselves its terrible there as well.

I was thinking about the galaxy player. I already own a Nexus 7 and use gizmo on it all day long but its not very portable when walking the dogs or whatever.

Looking forward to crushing my nano with a rock and getting rid of Itunes once and for all.

Music playback itself on the Galaxy S3 is superior to the iPod.  I get a little more volume, and I can use a player with a FULLY ADJUSTABLE (unlike the iPod) 10 band EQ that goes down to 31Hz, making it possible to tune the playback to my listening device/conditions.  The EQ alone is reason enough to switch to the Galaxy over the iPod.  The DACs in the iPod may or may not be better (difficult to tell based on the reading I've done), but any gains this might give the iPod are lost due to the non-adjustable EQ, which just kills the iPod compared to the HIGHLY adjustable EQ on Android. I still have a few things to figure out, like the best way to make it so phone calls don't interrupt my music listening, but I'm figuring these things out as I go.

If the syncing issues with MC can be worked out, I'll finally have a winning combination of media management software and listening device.  Ironically, however, my old iPod is still able to sync with MC while my Android device is not.  I'm hopeful that this will soon change.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up