INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA server issues with Sony SNP-100  (Read 3884 times)

Genghis_Tron

DLNA server issues with Sony SNP-100
« on: January 12, 2013, 01:26:09 pm »

MC18 worked fine for a while but I am now getting a lot of strange connectivity issues (not physical). The DLNA server cannot be found if I shut my Sony network box off and turn it back on. The ONLY way I can get it to see the server again is if I modify some settings on Sony BD/TV profile and search for it again on the Sony box, this is 100% repeatable. I can sometimes fix it by shutting down the MC18 media server and restarting but that is not reliable.

When I look at the running logs on MC18 there is nothing coming in as far as connections if the Sony box can't find the server. When I modify some settings (like putting audio on always convert, or if its already set to that, defaulting it back to 'only when unsupported') then traffic starts trickling in like normal and I can find the server on the Sony box again.

I also have Serviio which does NOT have this problem, I also do not run both servers at the same time so there should be no conflicts.

Any ideas as to what is happening here? I am running the trial version, I plan on buying it once I can make sure everything is going to work across my devices.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA server issues with Sony SNP-100
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 12:34:08 pm »

MC18 worked fine for a while but I am now getting a lot of strange connectivity issues (not physical). The DLNA server cannot be found if I shut my Sony network box off and turn it back on. The ONLY way I can get it to see the server again is if I modify some settings on Sony BD/TV profile and search for it again on the Sony box, this is 100% repeatable. I can sometimes fix it by shutting down the MC18 media server and restarting but that is not reliable.

When I look at the running logs on MC18 there is nothing coming in as far as connections if the Sony box can't find the server. When I modify some settings (like putting audio on always convert, or if its already set to that, defaulting it back to 'only when unsupported') then traffic starts trickling in like normal and I can find the server on the Sony box again.

I also have Serviio which does NOT have this problem, I also do not run both servers at the same time so there should be no conflicts.

Any ideas as to what is happening here? I am running the trial version, I plan on buying it once I can make sure everything is going to work across my devices.
We'll check that with the Sony media player we have here.
You could try turning MC's renderer off, someone reported that changed the discovery logic.
Report back if that changes anything.
The re-discovery after changing an option is normal and is not related to the option changed. This is because MC sends restarts the server when you change configuration which re-triggers the discovery protocol.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA server issues with Sony SNP-100
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:46:23 pm »

Looks good on our SMP. There is some configuration under Setup->Network Setting->Connection Server Settings that control whether or not a server shows up in the x-bar. If you changed server settings in MC, the server will get a different guid and the Sony products track that.
You may have to remove any duplicates from there and restart MC to have the SMP find it again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up