INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Net gear onto ReadyNAS V2 To Serve Tablets and Iphones  (Read 1110 times)

gjbmcn

JRiver Net gear onto ReadyNAS V2 To Serve Tablets and Iphones
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:01:41 am »

On the advice of Jim Hillegass from JRiver I am putting myself out there looking for answers;

Here is my scenario:

" I was just watching RMAF12 DNLA:UPNP and the discussion about having a NAS. I have the same one Steve Silberman had in the YouTube video and would like to get a solution where only the server, my router and the watching device(s) need to be on.

At the moment, I have IOS File Browser App for my families IPads(x2) and Iphone(x1) and then BS PLAYER for my Android Nexus 7. 

Neither solution is pretty and doesn't handle playlists or libraries well.

My question is can I get JRiver onto the net gear NAS that will then serve through your repective IOS and Android tablet apps.  Netgear seems to have crippled a lot of features on these servers now limiting them to a raft of uses down to a few controlled by "authorised" add-ons and a pretty sad IOS DLNA app (just read the reviews and try it yourself).

This has probably been discussed before but my reading can't find it, so does anyone know an answer or even a quick pointer to where this is covered would be fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up