INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Webgizmo & Windows phones  (Read 1160 times)

alder0

• Recent member
Webgizmo & Windows phones
« on: January 15, 2013, 02:03:37 pm »

On Windows 7.5 phones, webgizmo "works", but does not actually play on the phone, itself.  Presumably, html 5 is too weak on that system.  Has anyone tried webgizmo on Windows 8 phones?

JohnM

• World Citizen
Re: Webgizmo & Windows phones
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 02:12:06 pm »

Does not work on WP8 (Lumia 920). I can open the web frontend (WebGizmo) and browse albums, artists etc but the music never plays. After a while my phone informs me that it cannot play the file (mp3). Don't know why?

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:00:10 am »

Does it work as a remote only? I'm considering switching to Windows Phone from Android because of Android's terrible multitasking. I never use Gizmo for local playback on the phone.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Charlie67j

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 09:05:15 am »

I'm using the Nokia Lumia 920 WP8 hardware and routinely connect to my server and use the Webgizmo to listen to music on my 1+ hour commute. The only issue that I have is that it won't play two songs in a row, even if I choose to "play all".

In MC 17 or 18 from the Options/Media Network/Client Options (When connected to a Library Server)/Audio Conversion/ is set to "Convert audio if necessary" and I have the Encoder set to "MP3 medium bandwidth"
My MC computer clients still play my lossless at full and mobile devices get a format they can use.

Pages: [1]   Go Up