INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music control (with remote) during picture slide show?  (Read 1189 times)

ivwshane

• Recent member
Music control (with remote) during picture slide show?
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:34:14 pm »

I like to have a slide show of my pictures playing while listening to my music, I can do this but I cannot control the music (ie skip to next song, pause, play, etc).

How can I do this?

And since I have an MCE remote wouldn't it make sense that any playable media like music should be controlled via the pause, play, stop, frwd/skip, etc and have the pictures be controlled via the directional buttons?

That would allow me to skip pictures (you could pause/play the slides how with up/down) while still being able to control my music.

This in theater view btw.

ivwshane

• Recent member
Re: Music control (with remote) during picture slide show?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 05:59:34 pm »

No one has any input on this? Or am I the only one that likes slide shows with my own music?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 06:01:49 am »

when you are using just one zone to play your music, you can change the functions on your remote to works as you want.

when you go to tools>options>remote you can for instance change what the play/pause button on the remote does. instead of using the media center commands, use a custom command and choose add run.

the standard mc command for play/pause is mc18.exe /mcc 10000,0

now place the mc18.exe in the executable filename. and place /mcc 10000,0:0 in the parameters. the :0 is the zone number (0 is the first zone). assign the remote button to it. now when you play music and watching images, the play/pause will only work on the music. :)

you can do that for all the keys you want. more here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

hope it helps. when its unclear just say so.

:)
gab

ivwshane

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 01:56:19 pm »

Ok thanks. It will take me some time to wrap my head around this. It's surprising because I asked about changing how the remote works and I didn't get a response.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 05:06:02 pm »

Ok thanks. It will take me some time to wrap my head around this. It's surprising because I asked about changing how the remote works and I didn't get a response.
well. i dont know how the remote works.. im nearly 50.. im on my second remote. ;). first used girder to talk, this one uses mc, and i think i know this one fairly well. :) this forum is about helping to wrap your head around things considering mc. so start wraping and ask with a down to earth example from what you want. it might get far, or not. lets see.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up