INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube Issues  (Read 5181 times)

Splungeworthy

• Recent member
YouTube Issues
« on: January 17, 2013, 05:30:57 pm »

I'm getting the following error message when trying to play YT videos inside the player:
I always select play inside player, and then check off always answer the same way.
"Something went wrong with playback. Details: Failed to find or open file.  (hr=0x80004005)."  Sometimes I have to click on a video several times, and then it will play.
I'm current with the MC17 build (189).  W7 64bit, 8mb memory.  YouTube videos are set to play at highest bitrate available.  This happens with all kinds of YouTube vids, HD or not.  Regular videos (ripped DVD's) play fine. YouTube vids play okay outside of the player.  I have not had any computer issues lately, and YT vids always used to play fine before.

Splungeworthy

• Recent member
Re: YouTube Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 06:21:38 pm »

Anybody?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 06:35:37 pm »

YouTube occasionally changes their site, so you'll need to run the latest MC for this feature.

That's currently 18.0.112.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 07:58:25 pm »

FYI. YouTube videos can't be found by the player again (18.0.128). Or is just me?

audiofils

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 07:42:51 am »

same issue with me.  99% of the time, I can no longer download  or even play the videos inside the player MC17.  Do I really need to upgrade?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 09:00:31 am »

Youtube changed their site again.  We'll fix it soon in MC18.

wlodek3055

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 06:51:10 am »

Soon means? When precisely?

mdatema

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 10:47:28 pm »

Lou Busch

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 03:51:03 pm »

Having the same issues, but I am on 17.  I would hope the fix in 18 will also be applied to 17.  I don't update every year, so that usually means a skipped version. Surely previous versions should receive support upgrades for longer than a year.   Anyone found a workaround for 17?  As this only occurs for me in Theater view, my work around is to switch to standard view.  A little messy, but fortunately I don't do much YouTubing.  FWIW I have the same issue with Hulu.
Lou

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 03:57:57 pm »

Having the same issues, but I am on 17.  I would hope the fix in 18 will also be applied to 17.  I don't update every year, so that usually means a skipped version. Surely previous versions should receive support upgrades for longer than a year.   Anyone found a workaround for 17?  As this only occurs for me in Theater view, my work around is to switch to standard view.  A little messy, but fortunately I don't do much YouTubing.  FWIW I have the same issue with Hulu.

As I mentioned above, YouTube occasionally changes their site, so you'll need to run the latest MC for this feature.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up