INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC interfering with autoplay and access to CD rom drives  (Read 628 times)

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
MC interfering with autoplay and access to CD rom drives
« on: January 18, 2013, 12:02:07 am »

Installing MC18 (updated a few days ago) destroyed autoplay, and when I click on the CD drive i get an error message that there's no program associated.  When I right click, open to view the files,  and click on a cda file, it plays. Just spent 2 hours on phone with Dell support. I uninstalled MC.   Autoplay now works, and I can right click and play a single file, but clicking on the cd icon gets me a "no associated program" error message.

I know MC is the culprit- I just downloaded it onto a laptop, same problem suddenly appeared. I fixed it by uninstalling MC, then uninstalling the CD drive=  the laptop works fine, uninstalling the drives didnt work on the main computer. 

Before I reinstall MC18 - any fixes? MC did something to my registry -  a Norton registry fix removed some references to MC but didnt fix the problem.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC interfering with autoplay and access to CD rom drives
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 08:01:06 am »

We've seen a couple of CD related problems and fixed them in a build that will be available soon.  It will be at the top of the MC18 board first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up