INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Start Delay  (Read 1443 times)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Start Delay
« on: January 19, 2013, 05:57:52 am »

Hi,

I have a dedicated MediaCenter running latest MC18. It is configured to auto start into Theater View which was set via Options --> Startup.

The problem I have is with MC18 starting too quickly when rebooting the system. I use DriveBender and have a 9TB media pool mapped to the P: drive and this is where all my media and libraries are stored however it takes about a second for the pool to mount by which time MC18 has already started and complained that the library on P: could not be loaded. Clicking retry solves it but is not ideal.

I know I can configure MC18 to delay start via "MC18.exe /StartAfterDelay 5000" in the Startup Folder but I would prefer to go it via the GUI in Options --> Startup.

Am I missing a setting in the GUI anywhere, can it be done/added?

Thanks,

John

Edit: This used to work very well when my OS was on HDD but since I upgraded OS to SSD I have had this problem.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Start Delay
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 01:50:50 pm »

I don't think there is a GUI in MC for this.

Why not remove MC from your Startup Items, and instead, use Windows Scheduler to launch it shortly after startup.  That's a much more robust mechanism.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re: Re: Re: Start Delay
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 01:56:59 pm »

I don't think there is a GUI in MC for this.

Why not remove MC from your Startup Items, and instead, use Windows Scheduler to launch it shortly after startup.  That's a much more robust mechanism.

Thanks, The will give it a go.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up