INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting started using MC18 for video  (Read 650 times)

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
Getting started using MC18 for video
« on: January 19, 2013, 04:24:28 pm »

Being totally jazzed about coming back to J River for my audio files, almost done importing cover art and fine tuning metadata I decided to load MC 18 on my video server. For my audio I was using MP3tag to manipulate the metadata, the files are ripped in FLAC and MC18 saw all the changes. It was no small task having to date 1845 cds (23826 tracks). The import on the video server just finished importing 2769 files (5.9tb). The metadata is somewhat correct and was wondering if anyone knows of an app that allows manipulating the metadata on a .ifo file similar to the way you can on an audio file. Previously I have been using TheaterTek and just had a semi-complex directory structure to keep things somewhat organized. It looks like I can use playlists for video. Is there a better way? about half of my collection is movies and the other half are TV series (with a lot of it that I ripped from my replay TV several years back) Is there a way to create additional "folders" in addition to Files, Home Movies, Movies and Shows

This is such an awesome product! when will it cook my dinner?

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Getting started using MC18 for video
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 04:25:49 pm »

not sitting in front of my MC-computer so I cannot guide you exactly. You'll be able to achieve most all you need for that under tools>options>trees ? and also theaterview. There you can create new categories, nest and unnest them and configure it exactly to you likings. Building expressions to display new or manipulated fields will also be of great service. It's not straight forward but reading through the wiki's will get you there. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up