INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Movie views  (Read 1450 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Theater View Movie views
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:11:20 pm »

I'm wondering how to make my theater view look like the first picture all of the time.  Now, sometimes it starts out that way, but then the first time i select something it reverts to looking like the second picture and I can't find any way to make it revert back.  How do I keep the movie info displayed on the right all the time?

I'm using an expression to sort my library into sub-categories that I got from someone here on the forum awhile ago.  Not sure if that is related or not, but in case it is this is it:

listbuild(1,\, [Series], [Sub-Series], if(!isempty([Series]),[Year]/ ,)[Name])&datatype=

[/list]
    Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                              Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                       Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                        Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Bengi010

• World Citizen
    Re: Theater View Movie views
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:08:09 pm »

Anyone? 
    Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                              Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                       Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                        Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

marko

• MC Beta Team
    • Citizen of the Universe
    « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 01:01:48 am »

The top one is the actual file list, hence the info panel on the right.

The second one is what looks like the root of your view.

The only way I know of to always be in the file list is to set the view up with no categories, using the "set rules for file display" option to filter the files needed for your view.

-marko

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
    « Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:40:53 am »

There's now way, if you don't want to get rid of your box set setup. The reason why it changes layout, is that some of your views have no series or box set meta data. Hence all movies will be shown at the file level. When suddenly two movies have the same Series or box set info, the movies are grouped by category, and you loose the file info.

This got a lot better with the Zoom function, that skips the unnecessary single item under categories. But the trade off is still the lack of the file info pane. I really how that JRiver can figure out a way to force the File info pane for items that is below a category. When there's more than one item, it could just show nothing, or a sort of summary. This is something that's not only limited to Movie Boxset setups. It's also needed for TV Show, Season, Artist, Album summaries.
    - I may not always believe what I'm saying
    Pages: [1]   Go Up