INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: vst plugin causing static every 10 seconds  (Read 15699 times)

Robpriore

• Recent member
vst plugin causing static every 10 seconds
« on: January 20, 2013, 08:02:26 pm »

I'm using the ARC System 2 room correction VST plugin and for two weeks it worked totally fine.  I made no changes to my computer but went away for 4 days and when I came back i now get a loud white noise burst every 10 seconds during playback.  The white noise burst lasts for like 2 seconds.  If i disable the plugin everything is fine.  How can this just have happened all of the sudden?  It's just weird and a huge PITA.

I've rebooted, adjusted like every setting, and this occurs whether or not my USB to SPDIF converter is connected or not.  It didn't happen before and it just seems weird it's happening all of the sudden.  Is this a driver issue somewhere?  Perhaps something got corrupted?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: vst plugin causing static every 10 seconds
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:07:40 pm »

Maybe the third-party VST does it intentionally if it's not licensed?

You might ask them.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Robpriore

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 06:46:20 am »

yeah, that HAS to be it because it does the exact same thing on Foobar2000.  I bought the software and put in the serial number a long time ago so I have no clue.  I'll try it again to see if that's the issue.  Thanks.

Glenhd

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 07:56:37 pm »

I'm having the very same problem :( I installed ARC 2 about a week ago and the white noise started today. I did register the product initially - just went through the process again to see if that helped - it did not! I have created a ticket with IK Multimedia support. I'm hoping that gets some results - my system sounds much better with the ARC 2 room correction running.
Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up