INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get MCC 30002 (MCC_PLAY_TV) working with zones  (Read 1335 times)

Jozza

• Recent member
Can't get MCC 30002 (MCC_PLAY_TV) working with zones
« on: January 22, 2013, 04:13:00 pm »

Hi All,

I'm playing around with Media Center Core Commands so I'll be able to get all my IR control working.

My first trial was to use Media Center Core Commands to adjust the volume on a zone by zone basis (e.g. Using "mc18 /MCC 10019,10:4" decreases the volume in the 5th zone). Works no issue.

However, I'm having trouble trying to get TV channels working.

If I try "mc18 /MCC 30002,2:3" I get a dialogue stating "The TV channel 67108866 was not found."
I thought possibly a space may be required, so I tried "mc18 /MCC 30002, 2:3" but I get a dialogue stating "The TV channel 0 was not found."

I went and checked the channels, and noticed you the auto tuned channels don't have Channel Numbers in the dialog. So I've used the "Edit Channel List" and manually specified "Channel Numbers" against a few channels (just 1,2 and 3 for testing). I hope this is what I should be doing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jozza

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can't get MCC 30002 (MCC_PLAY_TV) working with zones
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 04:39:53 pm »

You can only target MCC_PLAYBACK_SECTION commands at specific zones.  These range from 10000 to 19999.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jozza

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 04:53:44 pm »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply - but you've lost me. I'll try and ask my question a different way.

I've configured Zones using the "Detached Display" feature, where the display window will live in "full screen" on different graphics card displays (testing on two displays at the moment, eventually there will be five).

I'm trying to work out what MCC commands I need to use in order to play Live TV channels in specific zones. At a minimum the commands I'm after are:
Channel Up
Channel Down
and whatever command to actually initiate TV being sent to the specific zone in the first place.

Can you suggest which MCC commands to use for the above three? Once I've got those, I can try and work through the rest myself.

Jozza

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 05:03:38 pm »

Channel Up
Channel Down

MCC_PREVIOUS / MCC_NEXT

and whatever command to actually initiate TV being sent to the specific zone in the first place.

I think you have to set the zone (MCC_SET_ZONE), then play TV (MCC_PLAY_TV).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jozza

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 05:21:14 pm »

Oh you're kidding - that easy? Doh.

Thanks Matt (again).

Jozza
Pages: [1]   Go Up