INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Start playing current playlist" does not work  (Read 1444 times)

aclind66

• Recent member
"Start playing current playlist" does not work
« on: January 22, 2013, 03:35:50 pm »

Hi everybody.
I have updated from J River version 17 to version 18 (18.0.112). Everything seems to work normal but now I have discovered that J River does not start up continuing playing the current playlist. It just starting up showing the menu. In version 17 I just closed the computer and when I started it again it just continue playing the current number it was playing earlier. I have put a check mark at "Start Playing Current Playlist" and my Danish Windows 7 Home computer is 100% updated. What am I doing wrong here??

Best regards

AL ::)

aclind66

• Recent member
Re: "Start playing current playlist" does not work
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 02:09:39 pm »

Can anyone help me with this problem??

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:11:38 pm »

When you say "closed the computer", does this mean you Shut Down windows, or MC, or put the computer into Sleep mode by closing the lid of the laptop.  If you can clarify, this might help.

I find that MC shortly after launch does starts playing the current track in Now Playing when I have the setting "Start Playing Current Playlist" set.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

aclind66

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 01:27:26 pm »

Hi MrC.
Thank you for taking you time helping me. What I meaning by closing the computer is to press the On/Off button. I have set the computer up to shut the computer down when I press the button once.  I have tried to update the J River from version 100 to 128 (version 18) but it did not help. I have also tried to remove the check mark at "Start playing the current playlist" and shut the computer down. Then I have restarted again and went in and put the check mark back but nothing helps.

Cheers AL

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 02:38:57 pm »

Closing the lid or pressing the button typically is configured to cause Windows to go to sleep or to hibernate.  This is not the same thing as quitting Media Center.  The option to continue playback is for when you launch Media Center.

I'm not sure what changed from 17 to 18 that causes MC to no longer resume playback from sleep or hibernation (and I have no experience w/sleep or hibernation while MC is playing and what happens with Windows resumes).

Perhaps on of the JRiver crew will chime in...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up