INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote via a NAS  (Read 1337 times)

thesmartmoney

• Recent member
JRemote via a NAS
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:33:33 pm »

Hi,

My JRiver installation and music are on my PC, I use the fantastic JRemote to control and play my music through my Sonos speakers.

Is it possible to install JRiver on a NAS so that i can still utilise JRemote rather than having to switch on and use my power hungry PC every time? If so, which NAS would you recommend? (I would consider an unpaid server too as I also have a growing movie collection)

Keep up the great work, JRiver knocks the competition out of the park.

Regards
Steve

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote via a NAS
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:35:54 pm »

It's not possible currently to do this with MC on a NAS or an unraid server. With the platform independent code being put into MC, we may see Linux versions one day to make this possible.

thesmartmoney

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 04:50:40 am »

Thanks fitbrit, this abit of a shame, JRemote coupled with JRiver beat the Sonos equivalent quite easily.

What is the possibility of this happening in the near future JRiver?

Could anybody recommend a low cost, low power NAS purely for music in the UK market?

Regards
Steve

akamia

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 05:36:05 am »

I'm running MC on a Windows Home Server 2011 with JRemote. It works all fine. The power consumption is similar to a NAS. With the plugin Lights-Out the Server is in standby you don't Need. But Take care of low power components. MSI or Intel Board, PSU, i3 Professor, SSD for C: and so on. The Server Starts with 40 Watts and goes down to 27 watts.
Server2016 / OMV3 / JRiver 22 / JRemote / Denon X4000 / Vu+Solo4k / CCU2 / ioBroker / FHEM
Pages: [1]   Go Up