INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drive-Specific Autoplay Settings (2 disk drives - different needs)  (Read 3560 times)

PulseTsar

Hello, everyone!

I have a home theater PC on which I am running JRiver MC17 (please see signature for relevant details). I want to be able to use the Theater Screen and/or my iOS app JRemote to start / stop playback of movies, whether in .iso format on my hard drive or an actual physical disk in my BDRE drive. I do not, however, want this to happen automatically for either drive.

Here is how I have set up this functionality for an .iso (blu ray or dvd rip) based on other forum posts:

.iso file is double-clicked in MC or selected in Theater View->MC defers to Windows (as set in "file types" section of MC Options dialog)->Windows loads .iso file with Slysoft's Virtual Clonedrive->MC sees new blu ray / dvd disc insertion into the virtual drive->MC starts playback (as set in the "CD, DVD, & BD" section of MC Options dialog - Autoplay settings per media type)

This works well and .iso files play when I select them. However, this will also automatically launch any physical video media I insert into my BDRE drive, something I do not want to happen. I want this only to happen when I start playback manually, either in the regular program interface or Theater View. How do I disable autoplay of video content from this drive only? I found a way to do this in Windows XP using TweakUI to customize autoplay settings on a per-drive basis, but haven't been able to find a setting / utility that can do this in Windows 7 or MC17. Is there such a utility? If not, is there another way to accomplish this, perhaps with MC17 itself? Just to clarify, currently all autoplay functionality appears to be set in MC17 since my Windows autoplay settings in the control panel are set to "do nothing" for all media and device types.

Thanks for reading, and since this is my first post please excuse any omissions of important material I have left out. Kindly inform me what other information you may need to help me with this problem and I will provide it if I can.
Setup: MC17; Windows 7 SP1; Core i7; 16 GB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT; Benchmark DAC1 USB ("sound card" / external USB DAC); LG 8x BDRE Drive; Slysoft Virtual Clonedrive (for .iso files) and AnyDVD HD for physical disks; 2 channel audio system (PSB Image T6 speakers and Vincent SV-236MKII integrated amplifier); 50 inch Panasonic plasma screen (1080p, THX-certified) via HDMI.

PulseTsar

Re: Drive-Specific Autoplay Settings (2 disk drives - different needs)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 03:23:30 pm »

Sorry to just reply for bump purposes, but I've yet to find a solution to the problem outlined in my first post. Anyone have a suggestion or a link to an already described solution?

Thanks.
Setup: MC17; Windows 7 SP1; Core i7; 16 GB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT; Benchmark DAC1 USB ("sound card" / external USB DAC); LG 8x BDRE Drive; Slysoft Virtual Clonedrive (for .iso files) and AnyDVD HD for physical disks; 2 channel audio system (PSB Image T6 speakers and Vincent SV-236MKII integrated amplifier); 50 inch Panasonic plasma screen (1080p, THX-certified) via HDMI.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up