INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO not working anymore  (Read 1280 times)

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
ASIO not working anymore
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:26:18 pm »

Please double check the settings in Options > Audio > Output mode settings...
If an ASIO driver comes or goes, it could cause JRiver to be pointing to an unexpected device.
If you continue to have problems, please start a new thread and we'll troubleshoot more.

As I described in 18.0.120 thread, I am unable to use ASIO in this version - playback does not start at all if ASIO is selected, and clicking on "Output mode settings" in Options freezes MC completely -> crash.
This was (and still is) working fine in 18.0.106
My audio card is RME Fireface 400 with latest driver installed.

I can't "double check" the output mode settings (as suggested) when ASIO mode is selected, as clicking it (settings) causes MC to freeze completely without opening the actual settings window. For the other modes (Direct Sound, WASAPI etc.) I am able to open that window.

Again, ASIO output mode works fine in 18.0.106 e.g. I just installed 18.0.106 over 18.0.120 -> ASIO works well. Then I installed 18.0.120 over 18.0.106 -> ASIO does not work at all and MC freezes. Therefore I am sure it must be some MC's issue as I have no problems at all with my audio card using ASIO in other applications.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ASIO not working anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:39:21 pm »

This is a strange one, because ASIO is working here and at home.

Could you try the builds listed here and see with which build the problems start:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77601.msg526931#msg526931

Please verify that you can configure ASIO and pick different devices with old builds as well.  Because if the old builds also hang opening the ASIO configruation, it points to a corrupt driver on the system.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 04:12:55 pm »

I tried all the versions there. 113-117 work fine, 118-120 do not work. In other words 18.0.117 is the last version where ASIO works for me - all the newer versions freeze MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 04:23:33 pm »

I tried all the versions there. 113-117 work fine, 118-120 do not work. In other words 18.0.117 is the last version where ASIO works for me - all the newer versions freeze MC.

Thanks for testing.

Just to be sure, with 18.0.117 opening the ASIO configuration dialog works fine, playback works fine, or both work fine?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 04:37:45 pm »

Also, would you test this slightly newer version:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180122.exe

Thank you.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 05:10:40 pm »

For all the versions where I say "working fine" (incl. 18.0.117) I mean both ASIO playback and opening configuration dialogue work (I always tested both).

After a quick test I can say 18.0.122 seems to work fine here again! Does it mean you have found the source of the problem?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 05:25:37 pm »

After a quick test I can say 18.0.122 seems to work fine here again! Does it mean you have found the source of the problem?

It's possible it was this, although it should never hang:
Fixed: The default zone could appear to have its settings reset if no zones were ever created or destroyed (settings will be back with this build).

Anyway, it's good to hear it's fixed.  Sorry for the trouble.
Pages: [1]   Go Up