INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC & my HTC Amaze aka Ruby  (Read 5756 times)

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
MC & my HTC Amaze aka Ruby
« on: January 26, 2013, 02:51:10 am »

I am having some difficulty getting MC to remember any file that has been sent to my phone.
I can send music or video to my phone and it get's there fine. but if i unplug it and plug it back in to my computer MC will think the phone is totally empty.
here is my config.
Audio base path
Media\Audio\if(isequal([media sub type,0],Audiobook),Audio Books\[genre,0]\[book author,0]\[display book title,0],Music\[Artist]\[Album]\)\

note the trailing "\" I can't get rid of that no matter what I do.

Data Path
\MCData\

Database Path
\MCdb\

I can send files to the phone no problem and they all get put in there proper places , but as I said on the next plug in of the phone MC has no clue the files are there.
Any help would be appreciated.

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
Re: MC & my HTC Amaze aka Ruby
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:01:55 pm »

wow 35 view's, zero info or suggestions, bummer.

I don't get how MC can do all kinds of tricks and sorting with the database it keeps on local storage and it is totally incapable of doing the same with removable storage.
It's not like the removable storage on the phone is read only, you can write data to the sdcard, there for you can write a library database to the sd card. I thought that's what the data path and database path were for.
The other option is that i am doing something wrong witch is why I asked for help but from the lack of any response at all I believe it is probably buggy code that nobody want's to talk about or acknowledge as a problem.
hopefully when MC hit's rev 19 or 20 someone will take a good long look at the removable storage code.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 06:27:53 am »

Are you using the Handheld Sync?

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 11:58:17 am »

Hi Jim,
as to the sync, what I do is select the group files and then right click scroll down to the send to option and select my phone's sd card then click the transfer button.

I don't use the playlists to sync, i have over 800 audio books and hundreds of music albums.
It will be one heck of a job creating playlists for all of them.
do I need to use playlists for MC to keep track of what I have put on the phone ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 02:24:43 pm »

What happens if you use Handheld Sync?  Try opening the window and dragging a few files to it.

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:27:52 am »

OK using the sync screen dragging a few files as a test. I have the same result.
Pages: [1]   Go Up