INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA with Onkyo 8050 Network Reciever  (Read 7346 times)

adydula

• Recent member
DLNA with Onkyo 8050 Network Reciever
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:02:13 am »

Hello,

I got a new Onkyo 8050 Network Receiver and I am trying to get the DLNA part to work with a PC that is running MC.

I have been able to get it to connect and recoginize the PC running MC 17.

I can get a song to play from the MC 17 interface etc to the Receiver.

I can get the receiver to play a song from the receiver end as well.

When connected in the MC 17 interface I see a "Link" paper clip icon in the window on the left side of MC 17.

Its "green" and I can start songs from the random 100 songs etc...

When I stop and start the play on the MC 17 interface its pretty fast...

The issue I am trying to figure out or fix or make better is when one song ends to the start of the next song,

When a song ends there is a delay of several seconds then i hear a short 1 second or so of the next song playing and then it stops for a few more second and then the song starts and plays fine.

I have been trying all sorts of combinations in the playback settings for track switching etc...

Any ideas, suggestions??

Thanks
Alex

pkehoe

• Recent member
Re: DLNA with Onkyo 8050 Network Reciever
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 06:03:16 pm »

I have a Onkyo NR818 with the exact same problem when I play from MC to the 818.  Using MC 18.0.122.

It starts to play, then pauses for 1 to 2 seconds before resuming. 

I also have a problem if I try to use Zone two on the 818, it works fine for one song, the I get the dreaded "There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device.  Double check your device, server, and network settings" error.  Nothing short of turning off the receiver (both zones) and restarting will allow me to play again.

I really love the way that MC can send audio directly to the receiver, but the problems with the pause and the second zone is driving me crazy.

I think that I'm using the 818 as a DLNA media render, but I don't seem to be able to find any options to control the behavior of the render.

I also don't know what options

adydula

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:27:59 am »

The funny thing is while playing a song the stop and start buttons in Jrivefr work and act fairly quickly.

When the first song stops there is a long delay and then the first second or two in the next song in the playlist etc plays...then stops, more delay and then the second song starts and plays well...then it repeats with the next cong etc..

Like in between songs there is something going on between the DLNA server function of the JR River code and the receiver DLNA code.

The DLNA level is 1.5 on the Onkyo 8050.

Alex

adydula

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:26:23 pm »

Anybody at JRiver have any ideas??/

Alex

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 07:02:26 am »

Very few DLNA renderers can do gapless playback, but we need to get an Onkyo to do some testing.

adydula

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 09:50:16 am »

Hi Jim...

Thanks for the reply.

These things are $200 or so at accessories4less.com

Very nice little AVR, FM/AM, USB device can attach and play my FLACS etc...just a lousy 2 line interface in the AVR, but fast access to the USB drive 1.5 tb etc...it also had many internet radio stations that can be selected, DLNA is one of the selections etc...and more.

As well as an 80 watt amp. Its a 2 ch only AVR...but very network centric.

I have tried most of the settings in JRiver for track swithing as gap and gapless...

Alex

TobiMan

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 10:01:55 am »

Very few DLNA renderers can do gapless playback, but we need to get an Oppo to do some testing.

I realized that using foobar2000 and the new UPnP MediaRenderer Output gapless playing works perfect on my Onkyo TX-NR809; I have not be able
to get this done with JRiver, whatever version I used.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 10:05:56 am »

Do you have MC set to convert the format?

TobiMan

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 10:42:24 am »

That's conversion in the DLNA-Server settings, right? It's set to: never convert (sorry, I am not very familiar with
JRiver, yet...).

adydula

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 12:16:21 pm »

I will try doing it again with NO Gapless etc....I can live with the delay but the 1 second or so start of the next song then stopping and starting the song really is wierd....

Alex

pkehoe

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 01:52:20 pm »

Alex,

I concur with your concerns about the pause during every track playback regardless if gapless is enabled. 

For my 818 receiver there has been a lot of discussion about a 24p frame rate issue and Onkyo has provided a beta firmware update.  On one of the threads on AVSforum for 818 owners, someone mentioned that the beta firmware "also fixed the issues with dropouts while streaming high-res audio files from my NAS".  I'm not part of the beta, so I can't test it, but I suspect that there will be an official update soon enough.  I will test and update you if that corrected my problem.  If it does, then you might be able to get Onkyo to update the 8050.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 10:08:10 am »

I will try doing it again with NO Gapless etc....I can live with the delay but the 1 second or so start of the next song then stopping and starting the song really is wierd....

Alex
Try right-clicking on the Onkyo zone in Playing Now and set under DLNA controller options "disable SetNext support".
See if the one second playback goes away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up