INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another nice feature of MusicMatchJukeBox  (Read 649 times)

alcibiades

Another nice feature of MusicMatchJukeBox
« on: April 09, 2002, 06:59:08 pm »

I like the ability of dragging albums/mp3s from a directory (Windows explorer, etc) to a detachable, floating playlist window.  
I find having to move up and down a long directory tree dragging albums/mp3s to dump in the playlist branch in MJ tiresome.
It would be much easier to drag album/mp3s from the MJ directory tree to a floating separate playlist window.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:Another nice feature of MusicMatchJukeBox
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 07:12:57 pm »

It's not working quite right in the latest build (8.0.245) but MJ has the Drop Target which behaves the way you describe. It's the little red & white bullseye looking thing right above the tree. Normally you can click on the arrow on the right hand side of that bar and choose a playlist. And then you can drag files onto it without having to scroll anywhere.

You can also right click on the files you've chosen and go through the Send To menu to point to the playlist you want.

And if you configure your Double Click behavior to "Send to Current 'Send To' Item" you can just point the drop target at the playlist you want and then every file you double click will be added to that playlist.

The only thing the drop target doesn't give us is the ability to drop files into a specific location within a playlist. But I (and many others) have been bugging the guys to do something about that.

Holden

RE:Another nice feature of MusicMatchJukeBox
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2002, 12:38:22 pm »

Doof

What you just posted above is news to me about the drop target. I wondered what it was for. Thanks for explaining.

I appreciate all your posts.

Holden
Pages: [1]   Go Up