INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Ripping not currently available" - can this cause file read failure?  (Read 1307 times)

patdayco

• Recent member

I use MC 17.  I rip CDs to two identical USB external drives, a primary and a backup.  After ripping numerous disks to wav files successfully, my external CD burner / reader (a few months old) started throwing error message... "Ripping currently not available"  CDs were new, and play OK.  I tried using Windows MP, and it was able to play and rip my stack of CDs without a problem.  Most files were ripped using MC17, but these newest 600 or so were thus ripped using Windows media player.  

During investigation, I saw mention in this forum about making sure the wav tag plug in was activated, and it was and is.

So, when I tried to play back the files from my USB hard drive, the files looked present, but could not be played by MC17.  When trying to directly open the files on the USB hard drive, I see windows error dialog "You do not currently have permission to access this folder..."   The biggest problem is that no files on my original hard drive will now play via MC17.  Fortunately, my back up hard drive (an identical unit) works fine.

Did the original ripping error cause errors on my primary drive?  I do  not seem to be able to play any files from the original drive with this problem, but the backup drive still works fine.
Thanks for any assistance.
Pat

patdayco

• Recent member
Re: "Ripping not currently available" - can this cause file read failure?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 07:41:18 pm »

No response...
testing reply functionality...
Pages: [1]   Go Up