INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linking zone with Bluetooth speaker  (Read 3363 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Linking zone with Bluetooth speaker
« on: January 28, 2013, 11:38:26 am »

Hi,

I've just bought a Bose Soundlink Mobile Speaker II to use around the house in rooms I don't have speakers. When I link the living room zone and the Bluetooth zone, the audio is, obviously, out of sync because any wireless speaker will have a delay. The question is, how do I make it in sync? My apartment is not huge, so listening to music in any two rooms the sound will carry over and echo real bad if the zones are not in sync.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Linking zone with Bluetooth speaker
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:11:08 pm »

I am at work and don't have two zones on this machine so this may not be too helpful.... but somewhere in the right click menu where you link the two zones together there is a delay option where you can set the advance/delay between two linked zones to help correct your problem.  I can't remember if you have to pause/stop for it to take effect.  I only played with it once and found it a bit difficult to get correct in our small house but you may have better luck.

Craig

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:31:36 pm »

i posted this link earlier...http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77406.0
just received our nokia 360.. this speaker rocks!
well the only downfall from this adventure is ive researched for hrs on a fix to get windows 7 to play audio from wired pc speaker/audio out, and the nokia bluetooth speaker at the same time.
I've read Xp use to do this. and mnay have complained to microsft about this feature being removed with no replies, and no corrections.

We bought this so we could just plug the dongle into a pc, connect to it, and be able to have music playing on that computer, and also outside on the nokia.

Any ideas? solutions?

thanks

how are you getting past windows 7/vista's lack of dual sound issue?

audunth

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 07:43:58 pm »

Thanks, Craig, I found the timing setting. I got another problem though. The Bluetooth speaker is useless around the house when paired with the Asus onboard Bluetooth device. After doing some googling, I found out that's pretty normal, that onboard Bluetooth SUCK when it comes to range. So I'll obviously have to buy a USB Bluetooth adapter before I can use the speaker any further than a few feet from the computer.

If anyone has any suggestions for a USB Bluetooth adapter with good range, let me know.

xtacbyme, I have no issues playing audio in two zones at the same time using different sound cards with MC 18. Windows 7 sees the BT speaker as another sound card. Have both zones set to WASAPI - Event style in MC.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 06:52:42 am »

xtacbyme, I have no issues playing audio in two zones at the same time using different sound cards with MC 18. Windows 7 sees the BT speaker as another sound card. Have both zones set to WASAPI - Event style in MC.
so all that is needed is an additional soundcard for each pc, then i should be able to push to both bluetooth and speaks?
Pages: [1]   Go Up