INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 & MC18 Crash on load, bad Db? Help  (Read 644 times)

Muzik_Man

• Recent member
MC17 & MC18 Crash on load, bad Db? Help
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:01:30 am »

I thought I'd solved most of my issues with MC in the 10 years I've been using it, but this one has me stumped.
I was using MC17 on my HTPC (main box) and MC18 on my laptop as a control environment.  Tonight, my HTPC started crashing on loading MC17. Tried it a couple times more, restarted the box, reinstalled the program, removed/reinstalled MC17, and still not working.  When MC17 fires up, i have about two clicks and it locks (states program not responding).  I have a fairly big library (Main), but haven't had any issues with it so far.  
I've tried installing MC18 instead, no luck there either.  Can't get the library load stable enough to do a restore either.  I've tried loading another library, but crashes before i can get to that part.  Please help.  I really want to figure out had to get clean install and reload one of my past backups.  thoughts?

Nick

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC17 & MC18 Crash on load, bad Db? Help
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:59:10 am »

It was working, then started acting up with both 17 and 18. Smells like a hardware problem to me. Start by checking the health of the hard drive that has your MC library.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC17 & MC18 Crash on load, bad Db? Help
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 06:53:45 am »

Have you installed any new software?  Registry cleaners are a problem.  "Security" software sometimes, too. 

Hardware is a good guess, but try the link in my signature called "Weird Problems".
Pages: [1]   Go Up