INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem With Burning; Can Someone Help?  (Read 1095 times)

Bruce

Problem With Burning; Can Someone Help?
« on: April 09, 2002, 10:48:58 am »

When I use the "burn" tool to burn a blank CD,  after it converts the MP3s to wav I get an error saying:

"track mode incompatible with existing track types".

The CD is blank.  The track types in the playlist are all MP3.  I am on version 7.2.  windos xp operating system.

What can be wrong?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:Problem With Burning; Can Someone Help?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 02:03:04 pm »

I just did a quick search of Interact because I've seen this reported several times but I couldn't remember the outcome.

Apparently there was no final resolution. Apparently it's not an MJ generated error message. It's coming from the ASPI drivers and MJ is just passing the message a long. Some things that were suggested in other threads :

Disable DirectCD if you have it running.
Upgrade the ASPI drivers. You can download them here.
Upgrade to MJ8 (nobody ever reported if this helped or not but I do know that MJ8 is more XP compatible and the CD burning stuff was changed a lot).

Bruce

More To Add
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 06:11:08 pm »

Well,  i tried burning the tracks in Easy CD Creator 5.0 and that does not work.  it says "install a blank disc" when the disc is blank!

Also,  windows XP should have a built in burning ability (mine used to, when I ran XP on my other computer) but when i click on the CD drive there is no option to erase and/or record to the drive, and when I drag a wav file over to the cd drive it says "error reading file".  Somehow my CD R is not recognizing the ability to record.  Cd drive is on the same IDE as my HD;  its the slave.  maybe i have a jumper problem or it should be on the other IDE channel?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2002, 06:26:02 pm »

Did you try installing the ASPI drivers I mentioned?

Bruce

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2002, 10:36:00 am »

Yes.  I did try that and it made the problem worse because when I go to open the burn tool it says "missing apsi layer" but before it used to at least convert the files.

Funny thing is,  last night I was fooling around with it, different settings,  and i got it to work - burned a CD!  And I verified that it plays in my stereo.  But today I tried the same thing and it says "track mode incompatible with existing track types" again.

Do Jim or any of the developers know what I can do?   It would not burn a CD either thru MJ, nor Windows Media Player, nor Direct CD 5.0 either.  i get different errors.  Why did it work last night once and not now?

Bruce

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2002, 10:43:31 am »

My MJ version is 7.2.280
O/S is windows XP

is there a newer version that fixed this bug?

Bruce

NOW here is something too wierd
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2002, 12:35:25 pm »

error was "track mode incompatible with existing track types" as if it was trying to tell me there was someting on the disc.  windows explorer shows it as blank.  When i click on a MP3 and click "send to CD drive" and then "write these files to CD" it opens up Windows Media Player which converts them to wav's just like MJ, but this time out of 15 songs, 10 had "error", 3 had "will not fit", and 2 said "converted"...so then I clicked "copy to CD" and guess what??   It burned 2 songs to the CD!  i verified that they play in the stereo.  No errors.

Stereos only recognize the 1st session on a CD.  So,  this means that the songs i burned today ARE the 1st session.  But,  Media Player was acting like there was other data on the disc!!!   And,  that "other data" may be what is tricking MJ into thinking that my music is not compatible with...whatever it is that is on that CD!

to the other people who had this problem,  what brand CD-R were you using?  I think I am going to have to try a different brand.

Very wierd.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2002, 02:19:24 pm »

If I were you, I'd download MJ8. You can find the link in the thread that says "Media Jukebox 8.0.245 Available" or something like that. It's more XP friendly and has had a lot of work done on the CD burning component.

Bruce

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2002, 02:43:07 pm »

Will try that tonight when I go home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up