INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-Ray playback  (Read 1933 times)

randobills

• Recent member
Blu-Ray playback
« on: December 06, 2012, 04:37:37 pm »

Hello,

Potential new customer here..

I'm reading mix results and have come to the source to find out a definitive answer..

To be able to play a blu-ray disc from disc...do you only need MC18? Or do you need ANYDVD or some other converting program?

I am currently using a nanopc with an external blu-ray player. my nano pc is capable of playing 1080p thru hdmi. I can play blu-ray from tmt5 without issue. I do not want to use converters to convert to harddrive space..i am currently using a ssd harddrive and want to limit read/writes..I'm currently running windows 7.

Just looking for an all-in-one solution with the minimal amount of resources needed and price.

Thanks,

randobills

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Blu-Ray playback
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 06:40:13 pm »

MC18 plays Blu-ray. You will need AnyDVD HD or equivalent to read the disc.

Welcome to the forum.

randobills

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 10:02:19 pm »

thanks,

so what does jriver actually need to use from anydvd hd? Just unlock the disc?

Goatshade

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 11:29:23 pm »

Pretty much. Which is great because, as far as I know, there are few other media players that will play a BD without the contents being ripped first.

However, in case you don't know, MC does not support BD-J and, by extension, BD menus any more than any other player does (in fact, as far as I can gather, there are currently no software PC media players that can do so). It can do the next best thing, which is title selection, but since most disc titles are named quite generically (title 1, title 2, etc), it can be difficult to navigate to what you actually want to view (though MC will typically play the feature film automatically). That being said, the best option probably IS ripping. If you're willing to go that route, get DVDFab. It performs many of the same unlocking functions as AnyDVD while also allowing you to perform customised, 1:1 rips of BD's (as well as DVD's) to folder structure (though you can re-encode to a variety of containers as well), which MC understands pretty much perfectly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 07:01:57 am »

thanks,

so what does jriver actually need to use from anydvd hd? Just unlock the disc?
MC can't decrypt the disc.  AnyDVD HD makes it appear as if it were unencrypted.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 02:48:14 pm »

Pretty much. Which is great because, as far as I know, there are few other media players that will play a BD without the contents being ripped first.

However, in case you don't know, MC does not support BD-J and, by extension, BD menus any more than any other player does (in fact, as far as I can gather, there are currently no software PC media players that can do so). It can do the next best thing, which is title selection, but since most disc titles are named quite generically (title 1, title 2, etc), it can be difficult to navigate to what you actually want to view (though MC will typically play the feature film automatically). That being said, the best option probably IS ripping. If you're willing to go that route, get DVDFab. It performs many of the same unlocking functions as AnyDVD while also allowing you to perform customised, 1:1 rips of BD's (as well as DVD's) to folder structure (though you can re-encode to a variety of containers as well), which MC understands pretty much perfectly.

arcsoft's TMT or PDVD have full BD-menu support. To play Bluray structures (BDMV) from rips only TMT will do as PDVD folder playback command line is no longer available. If full menu support is wished TMT has to be used as external player in MC. Works pretty well actually   :D

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 02:57:29 pm »

If full menu support is wished TMT has to be used as external player in MC. Works pretty well actually   Cheesy

i just bought my first blu and noticed this is still the case? will we get blu menus in future?
Thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up