INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - New Apps  (Read 1379 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request - New Apps
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:24:47 pm »

Hi Guys,

Just after an indication as to the chances of getting more APIs integrated into Theater View?

I love MC, but I see the likes of Roku with their Amazon Prime, NBA Game Time, VEVO, Spotify etc. (Just to name a few) and I must admit the grass starts to look a little greener...

Is any focus currently being put towards extending JRMCs functionality in these areas, or is there likely to be in the future?

Cheers,

J.

MrHaugen

Re: Feature Request - New Apps
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 05:54:45 am »

I agree. A stronger API, so people could actually start making Theater View integrations them self, that would be a major plus for MC. It's almost non existent today as far as I know or have seen.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

InsaneRC

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 12:58:53 pm »

I agree. A stronger API, so people could actually start making Theater View integrations them self, that would be a major plus for MC. It's almost non existent today as far as I know or have seen.

+1
Licensed User:
JRiver Media Center 12-->27

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 03:52:09 pm »

I also support this feature - take care  ;D
Stefan
Wake up and slow down 😴

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 11:15:43 pm »

Given that MC is proprietary software, I'm not so sure they'll be open to creating an API for users to develop plugins (and that's OK). I was asking more in terms of JR themselaves working with the APIs from the likes of MLB, NBA, VEVO, Amazon etc to integrate them into MC...

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 03:30:13 am »

We see how much this is prioritized today. We have a few services available but they are limited at best, and some of them works mainly in the US. There's little that indicate this will change dramatically. And if it will not, there will never be enough integrations for theater view to satisfy the masses. Each integration JRiver focuses on, the more maintenance they will create for them self. We also have the problem that JRiver simply can not ship an integration with MC, for some services. The services does not allow it. But third party integrations are often just fine. That is why a more open and rich API is the smartest and quite frankly, the only way to get the users satisfied in the long run.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 04:11:08 am »

+ 1

I think this is a very important step to take.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 07:04:18 am »

Given that MC is proprietary software, I'm not so sure they'll be open to creating an API for users to develop plugins (and that's OK). I was asking more in terms of JR themselaves working with the APIs from the likes of MLB, NBA, VEVO, Amazon etc to integrate them into MC...
Maybe you could post links to the API's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up