INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions from Australia  (Read 1826 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Suggestions from Australia
« on: January 22, 2013, 09:39:06 am »

[I received this in e-mail -- JimH]

I am loving JRiver Media Center. It is very nice software and is quite useful for managing my movies, TV shows and music collection.

I've compiled a list of suggestions that I feel would improve the user experience. Here they are:

Setting the cover art for a series shouldn't set the cover art for all episodes of that series (Hellsing Ultimate as example, has individual covers for each OVA release which were all overridden when I used the Cover Art->Get from Internet feature to get the cover art for the series as a whole.)
 -> When doing so, the prompt isn't very descriptive of what's going to happen
 -> Shouldn't local covers always over-ride?
When searching for "cover art from internet", option should exist to edit the initial query that was used, just like you can when doing it for movies.
Shortcut GUI should be created to allow easy mapping of keys to a function/command rather than the Custom Resources\Resource.xml approach. Just a simple external program with a GUI that reads in this Resource.xml file and allows easy key mapping and re-writes to the file would suffice.

In the "Get Movie & TV Info" dialog (and any others where this could also apply), for the top text box, when it is currently unselected/unfocused and the user goes to click and drag a new selection, currently upon mouse down the entire text box text is highlighted. This makes it difficult to quickly edit out a suffix or any unwanted text for quick deletion. Instead of selecting the whole text box upon mouse-down, it should be done upon a full click (mouse-down & mouse-up) and only then if a new text selection hasn't been made.

The "Critic Rating" field should be more representative of what it actually is -- an IMDb rating. A field called "IMDb Rating" would be better.
Fields should be extensible, to allow for the addition of future information (a new service's rating, for example). Fields like rotten_tomatoes_rating and other data could then be more easily retrieved via lookup services and added to the tag db.

When viewing tags for a media item, some tags (depending on whether viewing TV shows, movies or music) should take priority and be displayed at the top (rather than displaying them all alphabetically).

When double-clicking or selecting and pressing <enter> on a series, playing should resume from the last episode played and the position within it. (Currently it starts again from the first video in the series).

Under the "Video" section of the left menu, the purple icons for each Library View should be customizable, and perhaps default to something more representative of the type. (Here's an example of my Windows favourite links icons: http://i.imgur.com/EtcSC8y.png)

I can keep taking note of features and functionality that I feel could be tweaked and adjusted to improve user experience if you would like.

Castius

Re: Suggestions from Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 11:37:45 am »

Seems like some very reasonable requests.
I have wanted the custom query for cover art myself.

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 12:42:51 pm »

Sorry,

Australia?

I do not understand!

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:48:33 pm »

You never heard of Australia?  :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_under

;D

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 01:01:46 pm »

Australia?

I do not understand!

I'm with you, brother.  I'm with you.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 02:11:01 pm »

It is not me!  mmmm.... but good idea - e-mail JimH directly (or if I get his home address and nice handwritten list of requests)!

The Coverart/Thumbnails for multiple part video (TV Eps, Music Vids etc) has a few bugs that have been documented a few time now both on the main and Beta board
JRiver CEO Elect

Fabricio

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 02:30:08 pm »

You never heard of Australia?  :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_under

;D

I know the country.

I do not understand: an e-mail from australia.

Australia!? Only Australia ...

How important?

That is the reason for my question.

I do not speak English. Sorry ...

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand.

Hugs ...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 02:44:41 pm »

That is the reason for my question.

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand.

We know.  Your question was just phrased in a way that came across as funny in English.  At least to us, but we're weirdos.

Plus, it gave me the opening to make fun of jmone a little.  And, my rule of thumb on that is:  When you're given the opportunity to poke fun at Nathan, You Take It (no hesitation).  ;) ;D

But seriously...

I don't think the email was any more important than any other post here on Interact.  I think Jim was just giving it a name to remember where it came from.  Clearly he got an email from a user who happens to live in Australia.  This is not the normal means of support or requests for MC, but the email had some good points, so Jim was posting it so the other JRiver people would see it (and we could comment and whatnot like a normal post).

I think the subject line was just "something to call it" with little meaning behind it...

Fabricio

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 03:05:11 pm »

We know.  Your question was just phrased in a way that came across as funny in English.  At least to us, but we're weirdos.

Alright. I'm not angry. heheheeh  ;) ;) ;) ;)

make fun

No problem ...  :D :D :D

But seriously...

I don't think the email was any more important than any other post here on Interact.  I think Jim was just giving it a name to remember where it came from.  Clearly he got an email from a user who happens to live in Australia.  This is not the normal means of support or requests for MC, but the email had some good points, so Jim was posting it so the other JRiver people would see it (and we could comment and whatnot like a normal post).

I think the subject line was just "something to call it" with little meaning behind it...

Thanks for the explanation.  :D :D :D :D

Remembering I'm not angry.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Regards,

Fabrício, from Brazil.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 04:20:14 pm »

Hey Glynor - No need to recruit others to make fun of me - you do just fine on your own  ;D
JRiver CEO Elect

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 04:24:06 pm »

Hey Glynor - No need to recruit others to make fun of me - you do just fine on your own  ;D

Nah.  I need all the help I can get.  ;)  :-*

Fabricio

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 04:57:57 pm »

heheheheh  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nah.  I need all the help I can get.  ;)  :-*

I was the chosen  :D :D :D :D :D

1 x 0 for you ... :D :D :D :D

I need to study more English ... Me wait, I'll be back. My revenge will be ....  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hugs,

Fabrício, from Brazil.

Avorius

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 09:18:52 am »

Some more feature suggestions (and some bugs) at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77890.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up