INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keeping complete albums together  (Read 828 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Keeping complete albums together
« on: February 07, 2013, 12:11:12 pm »

I've made a mistake importing a bunch of albums. Some of them I already have and I need to figure out which one to keep.

I've made a view for double albums, but the problem is in sorting.

I would like a complete album to stay together. I've added date imported to the list. Generally, that works but I suspect that field is more finer grained than what it shows (HH:MM) because tracks won't sort sequencially. When I move track # above date imported, it merges the albums when the date imported is the same.

When the albums are merged, its a drag to select it for deletion. If the albums are grouped it would save me a lot of time. But they need to be in sequencial order for me to quickly compare values like replay gain which gives a rough indication of the better album (MFSL versions typically have higher replaygain values compared to cheap remasters averaging around -14 values).

When the albums are identical in every way, it means they are also in the same folder. That means that the newer one has (1) added to the filename. Is it somehow possible to use that to keep an album together if all the other sort fields fail?

It's not like there's hundreds of double albums, I have about 90 more to go. I am hoping to be done by the end of the evening. If there's a quick solution that would make my evening less dreadful that would be great.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Keeping complete albums together
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 12:31:41 pm »

Are you filling in the Disc# tag?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 12:35:43 pm »

Yes, when there are multiple disks in a release or when they came with the tags from an online lookup.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 02:25:19 pm »

Nevermind, I'm done.

RSI for the rest of the week though  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up