INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Volume Control  (Read 1155 times)

pdressler

Zone Volume Control
« on: February 03, 2013, 01:58:16 pm »

Hi,

I have never used or seen J River but I am looking for a multi zone software solution and searches pointed me here.  I have looked through the forum but I can't seem to find out if J River can remotely control volume to 2 different zones.  Not sure if I would need 2 sound cards or not but I can figure that part out later.  Essentially what I want is a zone inside and a zone outside the house.  More than likely they will always be playing the same music or synced ... but what I would want is to have different volume levels on each zone to be controlled from a phone or tablet app.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Zone Volume Control
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:10:02 pm »

Welcome.  MC can play to as many zones as you have sound cards or channels on a soundcard.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 09:08:20 pm »

Hi,

I have never used or seen J River but I am looking for a multi zone software solution and searches pointed me here.  I have looked through the forum but I can't seem to find out if J River can remotely control volume to 2 different zones.  Not sure if I would need 2 sound cards or not but I can figure that part out later.  Essentially what I want is a zone inside and a zone outside the house.  More than likely they will always be playing the same music or synced ... but what I would want is to have different volume levels on each zone to be controlled from a phone or tablet app.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes MC can absolutely do this. I recommend JRemote for an iOS tablet app, and Gizmo (free) for Android. I was at a restaurant last night, and with JRemote (and 3g) I could not only change the volume in all my zones at home remotely, I was also able to keep an eye on which movies form my collection the babysitter was watching. I didn't plan to 'spy' on her, but someone else at the restaurant and I got talk about JRiver and home automation etc. Compared to this, changing volume in multiple zones within the house using a smart device is a piece of cake.

pdressler

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 07:54:28 am »

Perfect, thanks so much for the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up