INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Channel Guide not updating? Solved  (Read 3127 times)

Battledad

• World Citizen
TV Channel Guide not updating? Solved
« on: February 04, 2013, 05:26:16 pm »

In theater view we notice that if we are watching OTA TV the guide doesn't update. We need to exit guide and then reenter for it to update. Anyone else had this issue and if so the solution without exiting?

Battledad

• World Citizen
Re: TV Channel Guide not updating?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 11:09:33 am »

Confirming that the OTA TV guide does not update on a regular basis if you are in the Guide mode in MC and watching local channels. You need to exit guide and re-enter to get it to update. If we do that then we are good to go again for 1-2 hours and then need to exit again. Seems like this should not be the case. Is there an existing way to resolve or does this need to be dealt with in an update?

Battledad

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:48:55 pm »

Yesterday we left the TV on for about 4 hours. When we looked at the guide it was still the time when we started the TV session. We exited guide and relaunched and it corrected itself. So, there is something in the coding that isn't looking for a guide update or forcing an update on a periodic basis.

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:28:20 pm »

Don't worry. It's not broken. This is how it is.

The TV Guide view is basically just a more fancy theaterview list of files that has a special view scheme. So it behaves just like any other theaterview pane or file list. It only refreshes when you exit and go back in.

I agree that it would be helpful to have it refresh. I'm sure a poll for refresh every 5, 10 or 15 minutes wouldn't be hard to code. It would probably be helpful in any theaterview pane in any case, not just the EPG, but also the 'News' items under gadgets for example.

It's been mentioned before.

SBR

Battledad

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 06:11:15 pm »

Thanks. If the coding is not difficult perhaps it will get addressed.

principal_X

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: TV Channel Guide not updating? Solved
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 02:51:27 pm »

I noticed this was still the case in MC19.  Is it going to be addressed in MC20?  I also have found this to be a nuisance having to exit the Guide and to go back in to get it to update to the current time.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up