INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help- ive uninstalled mj but file associations remain.............  (Read 575 times)

leathers

hi,

i have uninstalled mj awhile ago but mj keeps some of the file associations.  Even tho i make windows media and many other programs take over the file associations like mp3, video etc, there are still some files that are media jukebox files.  I have hundreds of them (searching my computer for media jukebox files in 'file type' search) and dont know what they are for.  I dont want to delete them because i dont know if my computer needs them and i dont recognise any of them ie. they are not any of my music etc.  
1 more problem.  The reason why this is so annoying to me is that i canont open some files i download from the internet.  eg some vidio files and some music files.  I get an error message that says "cannot find media jukebox .exe".  Even tho media jukebox is fully uninstalled off of my computer, files that i download are called media jukebox files!  I want them to be called windows media files or something.  I have tried to change file associations to windows media and checked every box in the file associations but i dont know why but there still is a media jukebox file in file types!

If anyone can tell me how to change the file types to windows media please do.  It will be greatly appreciated.  Is there a way to take the file type association off of my computer all together?

thanks in advance.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:help- ive uninstalled mj but file associations remain.............
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 05:21:41 am »

Please try Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up