INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: When will it be released? ... Feb 22  (Read 32688 times)

Mindful hermit

Re: When will it be released? ... Feb 22
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2013, 05:26:35 am »

This is the day!  Today we begin our emancipation from the idiosyncrasies of the iTunes filing system and Apple’s sheer arrogance in refusing to recognize FLAC files. Whatever the limitations of your initial Alpha offering, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Accolades to your entire team for taking the financial risk needed to make JRiver MC available on the Mac OS.  May that venture be successful in every way possible!

Pale Rider

• Recent member
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2013, 10:13:52 am »

This is the day!  Today we begin our emancipation from the idiosyncrasies of the iTunes filing system and Apple’s sheer arrogance in refusing to recognize FLAC files. Whatever the limitations of your initial Alpha offering, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Accolades to your entire team for taking the financial risk needed to make JRiver MC available on the Mac OS.  May that venture be successful in every way possible!
I don't use FLAC files, but I understand those who want this feature. However, as an iTunes user for years, with over 17,000 tracks, and nearly 4tb of music, I must be missing the idiosyncrasies of the iTunes filing system. And given the very clear warnings from the development team about the stability of this pre-alpha release, I will reserve my enthusiasm for success. I will be downloading the software today, and eagerly trying it out, but I will be proceeding with caution. I say this as someone who has already paid for his JRiver Mac license.
Mac mini | PS Audio PWD MKII | BDP-105 |Decware Ultra Preamp | Decware Torii MK3 Amps | Decware ERR sextet | Taboo & Liquid Fire Headphone Amps |Audez\'e LCD-2 & JH13 Pro

zwanenbj

« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2013, 11:26:27 am »

always liked the functions in MC. Customer since I went to Mac.  Used it up to version 13. 
Great to have MC on Mac.   In Europe we are hours ahead on you....   don't make it too late...   ;-)

johnnysix

• Recent member
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2013, 02:50:58 pm »

UK user here. This appeared shortly after 7pm (GMT) and I've been listening to a selection of audiophile recordings through an Audiolab M-DAC into XTZ speakers. My immediate impression is that it sounds better than Audirvana with x2 upsampling enabled! (i.e. 44->88KHz only). However, I've often thought that upsampling benefits the atmosphere of songs sometimes at the expensive of dynamics, so I'll have to give Audirvana a chance without oversampling again to verify MC18's superiority.

Anyways... obviously there have been some glitches and crashes... but only when I was messing around too much, trying to find the View where all the album covers fly by at breakneck speed using the Graphics card acceleration. I guess that's a DirectX feature that is too difficult to be translated to Mac yet. (N.B. I haven't read any Release Notes!).

Nevertheless, if you just let it do it's job of playing music at High Quality from beginning to end, then there are no major problems and it gives us Audiophiles and FLAC-library-keepers a cause for celebration at last!.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2013, 04:03:26 pm »

The first alpha build of JRiver Media Center for Mac is available at the top of the Mac board now:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78427.msg533299#msg533299

liting

« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2013, 01:11:55 am »

I've download the MC and how can I register it, I don't find any place for the registration. Please help!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2013, 01:16:04 am »

Don't worry about registration right now.  The current builds are good for 30 days.  Once JRiver gets the registration working, you can enter it then.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

DerAlteDachs

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2013, 04:02:26 am »

Just installed MC on my 8GB-Macmini with OSX 10.6.8 ... it works, but when i play ALAC-Files the Music stutter and ist sounds if the Music plays a little to fast. Hope, that you keep this Bugs, the Interface of MC looks very fine and i think i will like MC mutch more the iTunes.
Greets

Tom