INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Build 239 and BURN CD quirks & bug  (Read 524 times)

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
Build 239 and BURN CD quirks & bug
« on: April 08, 2002, 10:38:33 pm »

Greetings! Been playing with build 239 and I must say I am liking MJ more and more. Will probably replace REALONE player with the final version 8 release.

Can I make one suggestion regarding the methology used by BURN CD: could you take a look at how REALONE PLUS does this. For example, I frequently create playlists in REALONE that are usually 15 hrs in length and then I burn several "party" cd's from this list. REALONE knows that the list exceeds the cd-r but what it does is rather neat. It will burn as many as it can to the cd-r and remove those burned from the list. Then I can continue with the next cd-r from the point I left off. MJ seems to know that I've exceeded the capacity of the cd-r but it attempts to burn the entire list to the CD and dies with an I/O error at the end of the disc. A little more intelligence seems to be programmed into the burn logic. I really like the way REALONE does it and MJ should be on par in regard to this issue.

Now the bug: it seems that MJ will NOT erase my CDRW's - just sits there saying its erasing. My CDRW is a Plextor px-w1210a.

Thanks and looking forward to the next build.

Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up