INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center error something went wrong with playback, after upgrade to v 189  (Read 1726 times)

djwobbrock

• Recent member

When I started my MC 18 this morning it did an automatic upgrade to v 189.  When I try to start and play, I get a message "Something went wrong with playback", and I cannot get music to play!

What happened?  Help please!

UltraMagnus0001

• Recent member

Same here. I had to uninstall and then reinstall to get it to work. Now WASAPI don't work anymore, I have to use directsound. I also noticed mine defaulted to ASIO, when i was uninstalling and reinstalling to fix the WASAPI problem. The WASAPI change messed up my messed up my WASAPI   ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

FelixDaHousecat

• Recent member

Help Please

I have the same problem and I don't understand how to fix it.

I can't play anything!!!
Media Center 21.0.19
Windows 10 64 Bit
JRiver Media Center is soooo good!

madfloyd

• Recent member

I discovered that JRiver keeps the last 5 versions.  Check under Help\Update Channels\Open Download Folder and you might find an older version that you can install until you can sort out the issues.

For example, they changed WASAPI but I don't use WASAPI (I use Kernel Streaming) and that broke for me with 189.  Switched back to 175 and all is well.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I discovered that JRiver keeps the last 5 versions.  Check under Help\Update Channels\Open Download Folder and you might find an older version that you can install until you can sort out the issues.

For example, they changed WASAPI but I don't use WASAPI (I use Kernel Streaming) and that broke for me with 189.  Switched back to 175 and all is well.
That may have been the bitdepth change.  There's a thread with details here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80846.msg550614#msg550614
Pages: [1]   Go Up