INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDTV Live - Streaming Audio & Video  (Read 1336 times)

RedBuckye

WDTV Live - Streaming Audio & Video
« on: January 27, 2013, 08:12:40 pm »

I am not fully able to stream audio and video over network? I am mostly interested in playing music over network, but I am only able to view song selected for a few seconds. No sound and Media server after a few seconds automatically skips to next song. How should I configure so I can play music over network? Network is hard wired via plugs w/ ethernet cable into WD and HDMI cable into AV receiver.

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
Re: WDTV Live - Streaming Audio & Video
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 06:06:09 am »

Hi

Would you provide some detail on the JR MC version, the type of files you're trying to play and the DLNA Server settings configured in MC (under Tools - Options - Add or Configure DLNA Servers - Audio).

It would also be handy to know if you're using the WD unit as a Media Player (pulling content from MC to WD) or Media Renderer (pushing to WD from MC) as the behaviour / outcome may be different

In my setup (MC 18.0.129 and WD TV Live SMP 1.12.14) I have the following settings for the DLNA server (I deleted the Generic DLNA Server and created a new one)
Audio
 - Conversion: Always Convert
 - Encoder: Uncompressed - L16 - No Header
 - Advanced
   - Stereo Downmix enabled (you may not want this)
   - Volume leveling enabled

Advanced
 - DLNA Enabled
 - DLNA Advanced enabled

With these settings I successfully play FLAC, MP3 & M4A audio files on the WD unit

cheers,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up