INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Name when Converting Format of flac file  (Read 4257 times)

schugh

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
File Name when Converting Format of flac file
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:38:02 am »

Hello, over the last many years, I have ripped many CDs with a cue file and a single flac image.
Slowly I am getting rid of the cue files and converting the flac image to individual flac files for each track in the image.
I've been doing this with foobar 2000 which allows me specify the name of the output files in the conversion.

I just tried this with JRiver Media Center but it doesn't let me specify the name of the output files. It names it on it's own.
Is there a way to do this. When I convert I want the tracks to go to a folder: root\artist\album\track# - track name
with track # being zero padded.

Can this be accomplished with JRiver Media Center? Is there some option or setting that I am not aware of that will let me do this?

Currently for example, Media Center shows this as the name of a track from the cue file: Various - Singin' in the Rain.flac;2
After conversion it names the individual track file to: Various - Singin' in the Rain (2 - Dignity).flac
I'd rather it was: Various\Singin' in the Rain\02 - Dignity.flac

Thanks,

-- Sanjay

sarudia

Re: File Name when Converting Format of flac file- Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 06:10:55 am »

I have exactly the same question.
Can someone please help?
Did you fix the issue schugh?
Thank you for your attention and best wishes.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: File Name when Converting Format of flac file
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:49:15 am »

It will be a 2-step operation.  Convert only allows you to specify a level of subdirectories.  It will use Album Artist (auto)\Album if you use 2 levels.  From there, you can Rename, Move & Copy, which can be based on your Audio rules under Tools > Options> File Location > Audio (or your own Presets).

There have been requests to allow Convert to use file location paths and templates.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up