INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: As Media Jukebox v8 nears release candidate status...  (Read 803 times)

LCtheDJ

As Media Jukebox v8 nears release candidate status...
« on: April 08, 2002, 01:33:56 pm »

I remember when Media Jukebox version 7.2 was released, there was quite a bit of fanfare surrounding it.  There was also quite a long bug list that had not been resolved.  I got the distinct feeling that 7.2.272 had some kind of deadline to meet for a release date; possibly in time to make a review deadline.  I saw only one minor patch for compatibility with Windows XP and then all work appeared to go into version 8, effectively abandoning improvement of version 7.x.

I like Media Jukebox; it is the one program closest to filling my music organizing/playing needs that I have found; in fact, it can do more than I need or use.  I would hate to see it get a poor rep because it was rushed to market too soon.  Please, with version 8, do the end users and JRiver a favor and don't rush it out the door before it is ready.

In closing, my congratulations to all involved in developing this version 8 of Media Jukebox.  I stand in awe of the work and progress accomplished by the JRiver team and the Interact community.

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
RE:As Media Jukebox v8 nears release candidate status...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2002, 02:03:08 pm »

here - here my good man. Well said and I hope taken to heart.

later - sg2

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2002, 02:15:44 pm »

It will still be a few weeks before we release, but it now seems that V8 is stable.  I would now recommend it, without hesitation, over 7.2.  

BTW, there was no deadline.  The last bugs can't be found until a product has been released.  Witness numerous fixes for Windows.

Like anything else, we could go on working on it forever, but at some point we have to say "done".

Remember that not all problems experienced are bugs in MJ.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2002, 02:40:45 pm »

It'd be cool if, in celebration of the release, that the wish list shortly thereafter gets flushed or re-org'd, and there's some kind of Official Notification that the Wild Rumpus can now begin about what might possibly be added to or improved upon in 8, for consideration in 9. Any chance of that occurring?
Severian

dragyn

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2002, 04:02:26 pm »

I think once MJ8 gets released, the guys are gonna go get wasted and cause havoc in mpls. Then when there's time, they might start to think about 8.1.

I may just have to crash that party...
Pages: [1]   Go Up