INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching Tracks Fade during Preview Mode?  (Read 703 times)

scm

• World Citizen
Switching Tracks Fade during Preview Mode?
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:49:18 pm »

In the past, in preview mode, I remember there being a fade consistent with the usual switching or progressing of tracks.  But it seems that now preview mode doesn't fade from song to song, but rather makes an abrupt immediate transition, even if you have a smooth crossfade selected as your default.  Is this correct?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Switching Tracks Fade during Preview Mode?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:21:58 pm »

Yep.  Preview mode actually seems to be completely broken if you use one of the "from 30 seconds in" versions.  The "from beginning" versions work, but don't crossfade.

I wonder if the problem with "from 30 seconds in" is related to these issues:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77950.msg530433#msg530433

The behavior looks the same.
If you let MC advance to the next track, the progress bar stops updating (and the current time listed is just ... as though it is live).  It stops doing the 5 second preview, as it should, until you hit "next track".
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

scm

• World Citizen
Re: Switching Tracks Fade during Preview Mode?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 09:56:52 am »

I'm using custom core commands for my remote control rather than the Preview Mode activated from the "Player" menu.

As an example, I've programmed it to begin at 30 seconds into the song, and then play 1 minute 10 seconds of the song if I push the "7" key. 

The fact that it doesn't fade into the subsequent track now makes the preview mode displeasing to listen to.  Can anyone figure out the cause?  It totally used to work and transition according to your Options>Audio>Switch Tracks settings.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up