INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using my Spotify account  (Read 5600 times)

joethebus

• Recent member
Using my Spotify account
« on: February 13, 2013, 07:07:56 am »

I have set up my stereo so I listen to JRiver using WASAPI - Event style into my DAC via Firewire. Sounds great, especially with Hi Res files.

I quite like to play through any music I hear about before buying using Spotify Premium - but I can't do so any more because nothing plays except JRiver any more. I have read that people do listen to Spotify in or through JRiver. Is that so? If so, how's it done?

Thanks.  Joe

joethebus

• Recent member
Re: Using my Spotify account
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:49:37 am »

Any chance of an explanation of how to play Spotify tracks through JRiver, Please?

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 04:32:16 am »

Any chance of an explanation of how to play Spotify tracks through JRiver, Please?

not possible
MT5FR

)p(

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 04:37:35 am »

Your best bet is the Loopback feature. File > open live.
If your setup supports this now anything that is played with the default sound device can be rerouted through jriver and its dsp. In your case you probably can use the motherboard's sound device as the default  and then use your FireWire device as the output device for jriver.

joethebus

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 12:32:44 pm »

OK then. This is not sounding good (and I'm sorry, )p( if what you suggested in the last post is a way of doing what I'm after; I'm afraid what you said has gone over my head a bit).

Just to clarify - after switching to playing music through JRiver in WASAPI - Event style because I'm advised that gives a quality, bit perfect output, via Firewire, to my DAC, I have found anything else I try to do with audio; like listen to internet radio, Spotify, play YouTube stuff etc. doesn't work.

Is there a way to configure the computer so it does, so that I can just switch from one to the other (as I do with Apple/iTunes/PureMusic)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up