INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Bug about playing cue list file with JR MC18 V129  (Read 958 times)

walkfire

A Bug about playing cue list file with JR MC18 V129
« on: February 15, 2013, 03:39:20 am »

In fact this bug does not begin from V129, but this bug in V129 is most obvious.
When MC Playing cue list file contains whole tracks within a *.ape or *.flac CD image file, the Very First track I chosed is normal and correct,like first png picture, when this track ends, MC can not calculte the correct current time in next track, so she can not show the correct time & progressbar(like the second png picture), sometimes she maybe switch track in wrong time.

Forgive my terrible English
Best regards.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: A Bug about playing cue list file with JR MC18 V129
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 06:44:07 am »

Yes.  This has been reported in a few places (and it impacts more than just CUE support it appears, but that is one easy-to-reproduce place it manifests).  Matt is on it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: A Bug about playing cue list file with JR MC18 V129
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 11:45:31 am »

glynor - someone with 4 posts may not know who "Matt" is.

walkfire - The developers have confirmed the bug and are fixing it.

--

It's interesting that JRiver perceives that hardly anyone uses cue files, but when there is a major problem with playback, suddenly there are many more posts about the cue file bug then all the previous posts about cue files.

This indicates to me that people investigate all the various media players, and if one does not support features that they need, they remove it from their mental list of acceptable players.

* People don't generally post to every forum of every product that is missing some feature they need.

I call this the Law of Wednesday Night Chess Clubs.

At the weekly Chess Club meeting on Wednesday night, if the President gets up and asks " Is there anyone here who cannot make it on Wednesday nights? ", no one ever says "Yes".  So, the meeting always stays on Wednesday night.   This despite the fact that there is a popular TV show on Wednesday Night, and moving to Thursday night would double the membership.

This applies to all software, which has Feature Request threads on their own Forums.  All those people who immediately decided they were not interested due to a lack of some particular feature - they are not posting on the Forum.   I don't have time to write letters to Ford, Toyota and Nissan about the feature on Hondas that they are missing.

Yes, you do see posts here like "The 3 things that keep me from buying MC", but I strongly suspect that those people have some special need that only MC supports.
Pages: [1]   Go Up