INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help pls - changing zones selects different files displayed in Theatre View  (Read 669 times)

Losseck

Thanks for any assistance.

Background - I use MC 18.0.106 On a htpc running Windows8. I use a remote to control all functions (with a wireless keyboard under the sofa :) as no-one had the good sense to let W8 navigation work via cursor/remote control )  I play stereo music to the "USB" zone for vlink&DAC so i'm good to 24/192 for stereo. And I select "lounge" zone to sound card/spdif to dolby amp for dobly/DTS/5.1 and I run a local library on Dropbox with 2 other PCs and re-sync about once a month. I am a big fan of JRiver - I think I started at JRMC10 - just love your work and your big efforts - thank you

My SACD ISO are imported nicely (thank you). I have hybrids which can contain both 2Channel and 6Channel files.

I have different playlists organised so when I am using USB/DAC i.e "USB" zone I choose my 2 channel music. And as follows when playing 6channel music I play from a 6channel playlist and switch zones to "lounge" zone so my dolby amp can manage.

Is it possible for the playlist to somehow be dependent on the zone I am using when displayed in Theatre View ? I ask because in a family setting people want to be able to just play music from a playlist . Others in family don't know which zone I am in and wouldn't even consider how many channels.
It is possible for instance for "set rules for file display" in Theatre View to be used for zone dependent display?

It would be wonderful if when in USB/DAC zone only 2ch files are displayed in showroom. And similar 6ch zone and 6ch files. It would really help with these "oops something went wrong with playback" messages that others in the household trigger.

Cheers

Pages: [1]   Go Up