INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wasapi, Asus Xonar cards and resampling...  (Read 39133 times)

dean70

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Wasapi, Asus Xonar cards and resampling...
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2013, 07:08:28 am »

Asus Xonar owners using ASIO:

I was able to get rid of the clicking between sample rate changes by ticking "play silence" in the ASIO options, and also under track change, untick "Do not play silence."  As far as I can tell, that's taken care of it.  While I had the ASIO option ticked, I think the option was not being honored because of the track change option.

Thanks for the tip. I will have to give this a try. Sometimes I get a crack like a firecracker when switching from 88.2 to 192k

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2013, 11:50:34 am »

I was able to get rid of the clicking between sample rate changes by ticking "play silence" in the ASIO options, and also under track change, untick "Do not play silence."  As far as I can tell, that's taken care of it.  While I had the ASIO option ticked, I think the option was not being honored because of the track change option.

Interesting.  I use ASIO with a Xonar ST and never had clicks when changing sample rates (although my old DX did make a soft relay clicking noise, but that was never fed to the amplifier).  But I've always had both of those options checked so maybe that's why.  

I guess that means the "do not play silence" check box does not do what I thought it did, though. I thought checking it would snip extended silences at the ends and beginnings of tracks (which I did not want so I left it unchecked), but that wouldn't affect ASIO playback.  What does it actually do?

[Edited for clarity.]

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2013, 03:05:53 pm »

I was able to get rid of the clicking between sample rate changes by ticking "play silence" in the ASIO options, and also under track change, untick "Do not play silence."  As far as I can tell, that's taken care of it.  While I had the ASIO option ticked, I think the option was not being honored because of the track change option.

I'm afraid it doesn't work for me. I set those options and when I switch between songs with different sample rates I get a tick at the beginning of the song.

PassiveO

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2013, 10:10:04 pm »

Greetings All,

I read this thread with interest while researching a WASAPI issue, which is now solved.

I use a Xonar STX for coaxial SPDIF out to two different DACS; a heavily modified Lite DAC60 (24/96), and a Schiit Bifrost. The Asus and Uni drivers do not re-sample passed-through SPDIF using WASAPI Event Style. I may not have read this thread closely enough, so perhaps it only applies to digital-to-analog via the analog outputs.

I know this because I've always left the Xonar control panel settings at 44.1, and 24/96 files read 00 96 on the DAC60 display during playback. If I play 44.1 or 88.2 files, the relay clatters and the display notes the proper sampling rate.

The Bifrost has no display, but does have mechanical relays that click with sample rate changes; no clicks while messing with the Xonar control panel sampling rates.

Regards,

Orson

Wungun

• World Citizen
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2013, 09:01:26 am »

I do know, you don't want to change ASIO bit sample rate in the fly! LOUD white noise played thru the card/amp.
Hope I didn't damage my speakers...

Also, ASIO on Xonar needs large buffers. If you're borderline, you might not actually notice the distortion on playback.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up