INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO problem with Lynx Two-B  (Read 7574 times)

kotani

• Recent member
ASIO problem with Lynx Two-B
« on: February 22, 2013, 02:19:44 am »

Hello.

I installed a Lynx Two-B card, and I can't get it to work with ASIO.

It stutters the audio, and eventually, a dialog pops up that states the following:

"Playback has requested multiple restarts in a short amount of time."

ASIO works fine on the same machine with a ExaU2I.

I've tried different buffer sizes, and have the "use large hardwar buffers" checked.
I'm at a loss...

Please let me know if anyone has a solution.

Thank you.  :)

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ASIO problem with Lynx Two-B
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 03:37:59 am »

I have a L2B card also, and have never experienced what you describe. I would recommend posting on the Lynx forum: http://www.lynxstudio.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=2&title=lynx-support-forum

Some known issues you could check out:
I had one issue lately, it was related to a firmware upgrade I did in the lynx card without thinking (from 24 to 25c). It resulted in my computer shutting down every few hours. Had to get help from Lynx support to roll back the firmware to 24, and it has worked since.

Also, there has been some issues with certain motherboards, in my case ASUS P8Z68. For the highest bitrates (e.g. 5.1 96/24 playback) the card went silent after an ugly buzz. I had to turn off the following in BIOS:
CPU C1E
CPU C3 Report
CPU C6 Report

It has worked flawlessly since.

kotani

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 06:31:26 am »

I have a L2B card also, and have never experienced what you describe. I would recommend posting on the Lynx forum: http://www.lynxstudio.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=2&title=lynx-support-forum

Some known issues you could check out:
I had one issue lately, it was related to a firmware upgrade I did in the lynx card without thinking (from 24 to 25c). It resulted in my computer shutting down every few hours. Had to get help from Lynx support to roll back the firmware to 24, and it has worked since.

Also, there has been some issues with certain motherboards, in my case ASUS P8Z68. For the highest bitrates (e.g. 5.1 96/24 playback) the card went silent after an ugly buzz. I had to turn off the following in BIOS:
CPU C1E
CPU C3 Report
CPU C6 Report

It has worked flawlessly since.

Thank you so much! That did the trick.
 ;D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 09:49:18 am »

I've been testing a LynxTWO.

I ran into the problem of it not working after resuming from standby (S3 sleep).

Others have reported this:
http://www.lynxstudio.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2707&PN=2&title=resume-from-standby-problem

Luckily, the solution from that thread of using a buffer size of 512 (configured in the Lynx panel) fixes this issue.  You may also need to turn off the 'Use large hardware buffers' option in Media Center or we'll switch it back to 1024 for playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Trumpetguy

Re: Re: ASIO problem with Lynx Two-B
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 03:51:17 pm »

Ah, so that is why buffer always is reset to 1024! I get perfect playback even with the lowest buffers, and it helps av sync when using loopback. I guess 'use large he buffer' was ticked years ago and forgotten about....
Pages: [1]   Go Up