INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems playing movies  (Read 705 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Problems playing movies
« on: February 22, 2013, 12:36:00 pm »

Hello all:

I very recently built a dedicated media server where JRiver MC provides bit perfect audio to my audio system via a USB connection, and movies to a flat screen via a HDMI cable (TV has a separate HT receiver and speakers).  The first movie I tried played wonderfully (avi).  720 MKV will not play.  One error message was concerning the audio (it would not play the audio).  Since I have not gotten any additional movies to play.  I am using the JRiver setting on standard.

Can someone suggest failsafe settings to at least get the player to work consistently?  I am only interested in support for AVI, MKV and MP4.

A second problem is the TV source switching.  If I go from the PC (JRiver) to cable, then switch back to the PC the picture is all snow (no resemblance of video at all).  A PC reboot restores the video, but I can't leave it like that!

Any help much appreciated.

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up