INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Library multi CD album sorting issue  (Read 2052 times)

mad366

• Recent member
DLNA Library multi CD album sorting issue
« on: February 23, 2013, 03:52:19 am »

Guys,

I'm currently on trial version of MC 18 for windows (18.0.136 - latest beta version) considering buying it. This is surprisingly very advanced media player.
For now I've got only one very annoying (at least to me) issue that I cannot handle myself.

I'm connected to my DLNA library (provided by Twonky Server 7) and everything is fine, except multi CD's albums. Looks like MC doesn't read Disc Number metadata from DLNA library at all. Please take a look at attached screenshot. Files are properly tagged. I think also Twonky Server is doing find job (or maybe not?). For example, XMBC player connected to the same library is displaying and sorting multi CD's albums properly.

It this know problem or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Any advice will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Konrad

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA Library multi CD album sorting issue
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 07:00:05 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Disc # is a standard tag and MC will read it.  Perhaps the tag is named differently.  If so, you could add it in MC.

If you are running Twonky on a NAS drive, you would be better off to import the files directly and bypass any DLNA server.  It will be faster.

mad366

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:26:46 am »

I don't know.. maybe it's not reading it via DLNA protocol.

You mean import files view network share (smb)?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 12:36:17 pm »

Yes, have MC import the files directly using the UNC share path.  No need to use the DLNA server.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

emovac

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 04:53:23 pm »

I utilized another workaround for my multidisc CD sets. I re-numbered the tracks in the second and subsequent discs.  Uses only one album art, and the multi-cd set is listed as one album.  (e.g., tracks 1 -28).  
Pages: [1]   Go Up