INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are settings to accomplish remote with editing?  (Read 1925 times)

brucemck2

• Junior Woodchuck
What are settings to accomplish remote with editing?
« on: February 24, 2013, 02:08:48 pm »

I've got two laptops, "A" and "B" both running MC18 and both on the same network.

Laptop "A" sits in an equipment closet: (i) my flac files are on a USB hard drive attached to this laptop, and, (ii) this laptop feeds a USB to spdif converter that feeds my theater processor.

I'd like to control that laptop "A" using laptop "B" in another room (inside the theater), to include selecting songs and editing the tags and ratings on the usb hard drive attached to laptop "A".

Basically, I want to use laptop "B" as a full function remote control (control over laptop "A", to  include playlist building and tag and rating editing on laptop A) inside my theater.

What settings do I use? (The settings I used gave me some some control/visibility, but don't see on the screen of Laptop B the usb driver/device attached to Laptop A as the output device; I have not tested if that configuration allows me to edit tags on laptop A)

brucemck2

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: What are settings to accomplish remote with editing?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 07:34:43 am »

Bump.  Anyone? I've read the wiki and searched this site, to no avail.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 08:52:28 am »

See the "Remotes" topic on our wiki.  Take a look at Tremote.

brucemck2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 09:14:29 am »

I need to edit tags, using the remote/netbook ... Tremote doesn't allow that, does it?

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 09:50:55 am »

The settings I used gave me some some control/visibility, but don't see on the screen of Laptop B the usb driver/device attached to Laptop A as the output device;

I think you have to look in Playing Now for the zones. If you click on Laptop A's Playing Now entry on the screen of Laptop B then I think you should see all its zones listed?
Pages: [1]   Go Up