INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Device Lost....  (Read 1215 times)

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
Device Lost....
« on: February 18, 2013, 04:52:11 pm »

I've got a really annoying issue with one of my MC18 installs, and I can't seem to resolve it.

Basically, when resuming from sleep in Theater View, I get the "Direct3D Device Lost" message, and I'm kicked out to the Standard View.

This machine is running as an HTPC and is connected to a TV with only an MCE remote as an input device, so getting Theater View going again isn't possible (without using some remote key mapping tool or scripting something to close/re-open MC after resume).

I'm guessing its related to the timings for the TV waking from standby and the laptop resuming from sleep, but changing that isn't really doable (a Harmony remote controls the lot; and although there are timing delays that can be introduced between actions, they are not long enough, plus require you Stand like a dunce pointing the remote at the setup until everything is complete).

This only started happening the last few weeks, previously it used to show the error, then restart Theater View itself.
Has something changed in this behaviour in one of the latest releases?

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Device Lost....
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 06:15:44 am »

Re-worded to better describe my problem

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 06:29:08 am »

Is it connected via an HDMI cable?

What is the full version number of MC?  18.0.136 is available at the top of the MC18 board.

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 05:12:24 am »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, HDMI via a mini displayport to hdmi adapter. (Macbook pro bootcamped to Win 7)

Are you thinking its a handshake issue, caused by the timings?

I'll need to double check my version when I get home, but if .136 has been released via auto-update, that'll be the version I'm on.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 06:56:13 am »

I can't explain the details, but HDMI is sometimes unreliable in the way you describe.  A Google search would turn up a lot of similar problems.  It's also been discussed here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up