INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with cover art  (Read 999 times)

majamke

Problems with cover art
« on: February 22, 2013, 06:58:16 pm »

Hi,

I'm having issues with cover art in JR18.

I rip all songs using dbpoweramp and do not embed the cover art. Instead, I store it as Folder.jpg inside the album folder. After doing a lot of research on this forum and the wiki, I thought I had the correct settings however something is going wrong.

Most albums work fine, but some seem to ignore the cover art Folder.jpg in the album art folder and instead uses some cr@p low-res image from the net. Even more strange, in some album folders I have found that my preferred album art has been deleted and replaced with a low-res image. When I delete the file and replace with a new one, the old Folder.jpg just reappears so that I have 2 identical files in the same folder. I can't get rid of it! I really don't want JR18 making any changes to my files, but it seems to anyway. I've de-selected 'Update tags when file info changes'. Under options/File Location/Cover Art, I have Audio mode = 'In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)' and I have de-selected 'Also store image in the file's tag'.

What else can I do? It's getting to a point where I don't even switch on my musicserver any more and just use the CD player instead.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with cover art
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 07:01:34 pm »

MC will never replace your cover art.  But some versions of Windows Media Player and Windows Home Server will.  Try a search here or on Google for more information.

pec

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 11:36:44 pm »

there is also a check box somewhere in options that says ignore folder.jpg make sure that is unchecked

majamke

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 08:55:36 pm »

Hi JimH,

I've never used WMP, nor do I store my music in the default Music directory - it's stored on a NAS. I've checked the WMP settings and it's not looking in the NAS directory nor is it download info from the internet.

Any other ideas of things I could try?
Pages: [1]   Go Up