INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube Style Plugin for Theater View  (Read 2240 times)

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
YouTube Style Plugin for Theater View
« on: February 27, 2013, 04:04:20 am »

I am interested in having a go at coding a new plugin for the BBC iPlayer service for UK users.
(and potentially other on-demand/catch-up TV services if I am successful)

I've not done much C++ before, but have done development in other languages (C#.NET, Java, a bit of python and ruby), so feel reasonably confident I will get there eventually, once I've had a play with the SDK.

But, as I can see that the plugin(s) I am trying to write would work in a very similar fashion to the YouTube and Hulu ones for theater view (but obviously scraping another site or querying a different API), I was wondering if its possible to get the source for one of these as a starting point, or maybe some guidance as to where to start if not?

I know the BBC provides an API that allows me to query for available content in json or xml, and provides episode data, links to screenshots and RTMP urls etc, that could be used to construct media items in JRiver and I assume added to a playlist of sorts, so it seems that what I am trying to achieve is more than do-able and in fact could be reasonably simple?

Rick_RT

• Recent member
Re: YouTube Style Plugin for Theater View
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:39:16 am »

Whilst I cannot help you with any coding, etc (I'm just a dumb user) I just wanted to say that as a very recent UK user of MC, I'd love to see this functionality.  I've only recently purchased MC and am still learning the ropes with it but I absolutely love it.

Good lunch with your project  :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: YouTube Style Plugin for Theater View
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 12:12:24 pm »

Unfortunately, there's not currently a way to write a third-party web media plugin.

I think it would make a great addition to the program.

We talked a little about this here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71440.5
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up