INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prepend Composer last name to beginning of track titles on multi-composer albums  (Read 1602 times)

amargolis

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi, I've tried doing this myself with expressions, but I'm struggling! Wondering if anyone has built or can build some kind of expression to do this:

I have every classical track tagged with composer in the composer field ("lastname, firstname middle"). On albums where more than one composer is present, it would be nice to be able to prepend the "[composer lastname]:" to each track. The purpose of this is for easy viewing/browsing on iOS remotes.

Ideally, the track titles on albums with more than one composer would be changed from this:

1. Clarinet Sonata No. 1 - Allegro
2. Clarinet Sonata Op. x No. z - Adagio
3. Clarinet concerto K.622

to this:
1. Brahms: Clarinet Sonata No. 1 - Allegro
2. Schumann: Clarinet Sonata Op. x No. z - Adagio
3. Mozart: Clarinet concerto K.622

etc.

To complicate things, I've already done this manually on quite a lot of tracks. If this script/expression/macro could detect and skip tracks I've manually edited that way, great. If not, no worries, I can just re-edit, or only run the expression on albums I haven't already edited manually.

Thanks!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

You can use:

ifelse(!regex([Name], ^listitem([composer], 0, /,)), listitem([Composer], 0, /,):/ )[name]

as an expression to conditionally add your composer's last name to the track name.

It would be nice if Gizmo/WebGizmo provided the Title support that DLNA now includes so that you could do this on the fly.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

amargolis

• Junior Woodchuck

Awesome. Thank you so much!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

You're welcome.

I added the Title support as a request, broadening one I already had added to the beta group a while back.  Maybe when JRiver is less busy.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up